Any good news? Please help to stop rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO that's how any company should manage their business, look at how successful it worked for Apple. Just don't say anything and let the rumors create the publicity. Then when no one expects it boom - you launch the thing that destroys the competition.

Yes, Apple's IOS success and business model is phenomenal(Look at their market share) but would hope that Xenforo or any company that I use or plan to use would ever adopt any type of business plan and marketing scheme such as Apple.

*Shudders at an apple like Xenforo*

If we want to get technical, one could say that the 'alerts' were copied from facebook, as well as the 'likes'.

Just sayin...

I am sure said person will argue that they were the first forum to do it

In all honesty, I have been back and forth with should i go ahead and buy the license for the past week.
Should I risk it?
Should I not?

I finally decided to register. In my honest opinion, the CURRENT Xenforo customer base is fine. You have a working Product and from what i understand it works well aside from missing a few features that were stated in the thread.

In all honesty, there are probably a minority of members displeased with the way XF and overall the majority of their client bases is insanely satisfied and are fanboys and fangirrls for life.

The bigger issue, is people like me. New Customers who see threads like this. A company needs to grow and threads like this and they way things are being handled by the the team can and probably has scared a way quite a few customers.

Something needs to be done. XF doesn't need to emulate or be like Apple. XF needs to figure itself to get out of this situation it is in now and work on getting this community back where it was before because I can't tell you how many posts in this thread I have read as a customer that make me almost throw my hands up and bypass this software.

But i realize most of these comment are from Clientele/Customers so I try not to judge the product on the people who buy said product. But a lot of people don't look at things the way I do and thus you probably have people who read this thread of 33 pages which essentially is repeating the same thing over and over and it scares people away.

This is quite the most bizarre situation I have ever seen in any commercial business that charges for products.
Still, if that's really the case and 1.2 is on the way, then it's time for me to shut up really.

I'd say it was more bizarre when I put up a 20K letter of credit for a container of goods...which arrived after the company had gone out of business...and the goods were defective, and the letter had to be paid (irrevocable).....

I'd say if this particular situation is the most bizzarre you've seen, that is due to your lack of experience in the real world.......

Or, maybe it's because I was in retail for 20+ years.....??? We saw bizzarre stuff every week...

There is nothing strange about not posting an update about a product BEFORE it is ready to be previewed. Perhaps they want to wait until the product is at a point where they can highlight numerous new features. Unless you guys are happy with some mockups...:barefoot: Oops, did I just go there?

There is nothing strange about not posting an update about a product BEFORE it is ready to be previewed. Perhaps they want to wait until the product is at a point where they can highlight numerous new features. Unless you guys are happy with some mockups...:barefoot: Oops, did I just go there?
Depends on the mockups :p.

I hate getting involved in this thread but here goes, anyone else noticed that Kier has made a sudden reintroduction to the internet today? He's even been tweeting:

Tweets
4h
Kier Darby@KierDarby
Sometimes, safeguards built-in to prevent out-of-sequence user error can make development a right pain in the proverbial

And I'm sure it's nothing but does that tweet seem quite ironic to the overall case of Xenforo at the moment?

Anyway, I'm not quite sure what my point is, maybe that it's just that bugs are getting fixed, we've been promised development, we've seen a few small features for 1.2, support issues are being answered, and 1.1.3 has been hinted at multiple times. All in the last 4 weeks or so, which is far more than you can get from certain other developers, I guess for me when deciding which software to use I don't compare a software company to where it was 6 months or a year ago, I compare it to the other companies and frankly Xenforo still comes out on top for me and I know for many others as well.

Xenforo is still working for my community which is the reason the majority of us are in this, either as a business or as a hobby or both and if it's doing that for you then there's no reason to be here fanning the flames. For me it seems like there's way too many people here who actually have seen no real practical change to their situation except that the developers aren't at their every beck and call anymore. I do however feel for those people who have legitimate business concerns and I respect the positions of John and others but it's very clear that they have made their points clearly, concisely and fairly and are not the people responsible for what is close to a 40 page thread as well as probably a minimum of 20 other threads about the topic that have been raised and, some, subsequently shut down.

People keep saying "there must be a problem". Well there is. You. This community.

Every little thing they say is taken out of context. They are probably on their 50th draft on a news post because they have to spend all their time on it so people don't take "We are working towards 1.2" into "omg they haven't even started working on it!". Personally I would post something, but it would be something along the lines of "we are working, leave us be you already have what you paid for".

I despair. I really do.

Is the company deliberately playing games with people?

If 1.2 is indeed on the way, why on EARTH have they not said so earlier?

Clearly it's ok to talk about it (blowing all the "on legal advice" nonsense out of the water), so WHY has there been such a silence?

This is quite the most bizarre situation I have ever seen in any commercial business that charges for products. It's as if XF is some sort of free product and things come when they come, if at all. The difference being, it's commercial.

Still, if that's really the case and 1.2 is on the way, then it's time for me to shut up really.

Go somewhere else. Many people in this community are sick of hearing you whine like a child about how unhappy you are with xenForo.

Here, I took some valuable time out of my day to point you in the right direction: You are welcome

No.

More abuse. Oh and who appointed you as a spokesman for "this community"?

You offer nothing productive to this conversation. Just same old whining about how the staff here don't fall over themselves and give you the exact information you want.

I said many, I did not speak for the community either. I look forward to 1.2 coming out so this 34 year old will hopefully start acting like an adult.

Right. This thread is done.

The same arguements are being made over and over and it is going in circles. Now people are just using it to troll and launch attacks on each other. Having to hand out warnings and/or delete posts every time I open it is just ludicrous.

We have been more than leanient with allowing this thread to remain open as long as it has, but no longer.

KAM are aware of this thread and the concerns made. When they have an official update to make it will be made in the Announcements Forum.

Any further threads of a similar nature, will be closed and/or deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom