Any good news? Please help to stop rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be anything wrong with release of 1.1.3 along side a release of 1.2 beta. In fact, I'd be very pleased to see both of them come out within the next two weeks.

The point is well taken that people who bought XF did so with various motivations. And they have hopes, wishes, and desires about the company and the interactions and communications from the company and its principals. But, motivations and whatever else caused them to buy and support is different than an "investment" in the sense that there is no "ownership" interest and no hope of getting more money back then they put into buying the product.

If it were otherwise, than every purchase made would be an "investment." If you choose to support a local coffee shop instead of Starbucks, I don't think you would be an investor. You would be a a supporter, sure. But, so long as your $3 delivered your Mocha Latte Frapuccino (or in my case, a House Brew, cream and sugar) up to the specs promised, then the transaction was fair.

The point I am trying to make is that there is a wide difference between 1) wishing for more in the future and making decisions about whether you will continue to support and buy in the future and 2) being given a square deal on a product that you bought.

I think it is fine and fair for folks to express what they would like to see and to say what their expectations are if the company wants to keep their business. But, I think it is strange and unfair to complain about having bought a product that works fantastic and as promised. I think that delivery of the product for the price stated is the bargain that was made with the company.

Now, it may make sense for the principals to post more, communicate more, etc., to make people happier and to build confidence. And they may lose some customers (and third party developers) if they don't. People assume that it is just a straight forward thing that KAM is not doing what they wish they would and it is something that KAM can "just do." But, no one here knows the constraints or issues they are under. I suspect there is more to the lack of steady communication than meets the eye.

At least KAM knows what's going on. Ashley was reading this thread last night. It wasn't 3:30 AM for him probably...like for me lol. At least they know whats going on, how their customer base feels, which makes me think they're not staying quiet on purpose. Something must be done. However it is a tad reassuring seeing them reading this thread.

However it is a tad reassuring seeing them reading this thread.

How is it reassuring to know they have the time to read the thread and not take 5 minutes to answer it? To me that says they are deliberately not communicating....

I do agree with you there jadmperry -

But, I think it is strange and unfair to complain about having bought a product that works fantastic and as promised. I think that delivery of the product for the price stated is the bargain that was made with the company.

I've said all along, just as Kier stated at the very beginning - purchase the product for what it does/can do now, not for what you hope it will do, or expect it to do, in the future.

How is it reassuring to know they have the time to read the thread and not take 5 minutes to answer it? To me that says they are deliberately not communicating....

Because if they we're deliberately not communicating there would be no reason to look at this thread at all. I'd avoid it like the plague if I was KAM being in the position they are in. It would cause guilt, despair (the company is really going down the tube here), and just an overall bad feeling. (n)

Because if they we're deliberately not communicating there would be no reason to look at this thread at all. I'd avoid it like the plague if I was KAM being in the position they are in. It would cause guilt, despair (the company is really going down the tube here), and just an overall bad feeling. (n)
On the other hand, when you drive by a car wreck, the temptation to look at the carnage is almost irresistible, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with anything else than basic human nature.

Oh well. Don't shoot the messenger. You guys can take anyway that makes you sleep right. ;)

Or perhaps it is they do care... but can't say anything about it yet...

Oh well. Don't shoot the messenger. You guys can take anyway that makes you sleep right. ;)

Didn't mean any of my posts as "shooting" lol, my main point is that it's all speculative and we don't know one way or the other. In the meantime, I am using all of my pent up energy looking at alternatives like IPB and Vanilla. If anyone is in the same boat as me and wants to chat, I'm on skype almost all the time. :)

It would cause guilt, despair (the company is really going down the tube here), and just an overall bad feeling.

Actually the company is not going down the tubes. They are on hold.

If they announced delaying 1.2 until post January 1 due to trial and personal issues. That they would be doing some minor bug fixes and updates, as they have been doing, while they wait for resolution of the lawsuit. That they would talking over priorities for 1.2 and maybe doing some work on it but they had to get regular jobs to pay for living and legal expenses so everything on hold.

That's perfectly fine.

It's going to come out anyway. Best to honest with people up front, especially people who invested in you (and yes buying a company's product and using, it especially in the context of forum software start up, is investing in the company and the people).

Heck, they could setup a page for legal donations. They are software innovators, the Silicon Valley classic of three guys in a garage being attacked by a big corporation that can't compete in the marketplace so it tries to kill innovation with lawsuits. First they came for Xenforo, next they'll come for you. A man the barricades against the evil empire pitch would get them $50K for legal expenses. Probably get more people buying the software to support the little guy. More people using it keeps the XenForo ecosystem going.

Honest communication is ALWAYS the best option. Even if it's "I'm working onit as best I can from my cell on murderer's row". It's never as bad as people think.

The point is well taken that people who bought XF did so with various motivations. And they have hopes, wishes, and desires about the company and the interactions and communications from the company and its principals. But, motivations and whatever else caused them to buy and support is different than an "investment" in the sense that there is no "ownership" interest and no hope of getting more money back then they put into buying the product.

If it were otherwise, than every purchase made would be an "investment." If you choose to support a local coffee shop instead of Starbucks, I don't think you would be an investor. You would be a a supporter, sure. But, so long as your $3 delivered your Mocha Latte Frapuccino (or in my case, a House Brew, cream and sugar) up to the specs promised, then the transaction was fair.

The point I am trying to make is that there is a wide difference between 1) wishing for more in the future and making decisions about whether you will continue to support and buy in the future and 2) being given a square deal on a product that you bought.

I think it is fine and fair for folks to express what they would like to see and to say what their expectations are if the company wants to keep their business. But, I think it is strange and unfair to complain about having bought a product that works fantastic and as promised. I think that delivery of the product for the price stated is the bargain that was made with the company.

Now, it may make sense for the principals to post more, communicate more, etc., to make people happier and to build confidence. And they may lose some customers (and third party developers) if they don't. People assume that it is just a straight forward thing that KAM is not doing what they wish they would and it is something that KAM can "just do." But, no one here knows the constraints or issues they are under. I suspect there is more to the lack of steady communication than meets the eye.

very well said!

I am going to have dinner at my favourite local restaurant now and I will invest in a T-Bone-Steak.
It's a huge steak (costs about $140) which will be shared with some friends (Stakeholders) :D:p:ROFLMAO:

Invest: Devote (one's time, effort, or energy) to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result

Investing into XF has nothing to do with stock, but please by all means: keep reducing arguments to the absurd.

I would think our $140.00 investment would be considered investing in our own community's. lol @ we are XF share holders. (wonders why i haven't seen any checks rolling in the last cpl years?) Maybe i should shoot a memo over to Ashley asking about this oversight.

The only issue people seem to have is that they haven't got a development update. Ultimately tho, this thread has been destroyed by all the theorys and assumptions. Others are then trying to disprove these theorys which only lead to even more.

Funny enough it was assumed before that development had completely stopped and that Mike had left XenForo, among many others. Once Mike starts posting again we get even more theorys. Once a clue is given that 1.1.3 will be released, the assumption is made that 1.2 wont be coming. It goes on and on...

I understand people want an update but judging by the length of this thread, it just seems people love to argue and create drama. Quite frankly, I find it baffling people would spend so much time bickering over total nonsense spouted by assumptions. However I understand this is the internet and some people just have too much time on their hands.

total nonsense

facepalm-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1158.jpg

Fan boy thread that justifies everything, and makes an excuse for everything THAT WAY----------------------------->

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom