Any good news? Please help to stop rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye right you seems to act like "You are only one customer for the company" . Stop crying ! Everyone wants update /hear whats going on ,roadmaps . Several questions were asked from start of company but they were never answered . They were planning to release another update by end of Q2 . Doesn't matter what they are doing behind the curtain i don't want to know whats going on with their personal life where they have been . I would be pissed if they don't deliver the product at that time .
Very well said (y)

You can be assured that if the vB team suddenly disappeared I'd call them out the same way. It's not as if I've never called vBulletin out on anything is it.

By my count, true and false....by that I mean that I have seen Mark be critical of vB. But, I would not say that I have seen vB any more responsive, except to announce that some unknown product might be forthcoming sometime soon. Now, this is solely in the context of what vB has promised before (and not delivered), but given their penchant for not being very forthcoming about what may or not may be delivered, I tend to see XF's performance (though, the developers have as of late not been very vocal) as much better. On that count, I think vB has not done anything noticeably better as far as substantive announcements over the past 2-3 years.

Some might view vB's recent announcements as being responsive or illustrative of things to come. But, I have not been able to parse a single feature or even a guess about what may be to come. If someone were to ask me, I would put it like this: vB promised a lot, did not deliver, later backpedalled on what they promised, waited more than 2 years, and then promised undisclosed more. XF promised a lot, delivered, suggested more to come, went somewhat silent for a while, but has made progress on improvements with a future update promised and all within less than 2 years. Folks can size up the relative strengths of the communication between the products, but by my count, XF is still ahead of the game. They never lied to me, never promised something they didn't deliver and all that aside, met my needs more than vB has for the past several years.

As I said before, others may disagree and prefer other products. For me, its XF, all the way.

XenForo has the most positive and effective release schedule we could ever hope for. That release schedule is clearly marked and stated. For those who missed it, the official release date is..... When it's ready.

So it is never late and it is never rushed. :cool:

Is that called "Super-Agile" development?

Whatever they call it, it works great for me, too!

You're probably right, but I never read anywhere that a release by end of June was promised, so if that date is missed that in itself isn't even a slight issue.

Based on 30+ years of looking at software and hardware releases, it would not have mattered one bit if they sent a video with them swearing before Zog.
:)

IMHO, we are getting into nitpicking and obsession when we start deconstructing the language and saying it means nothing or something else. But, being as I am an avid reader and writer, let be translate in American English - "all things being equal we are going to make a good attempt at getting a beta of the next upgrade released by the end of June".

Heck, you should have been around for the early Mac and Windows "promises". Some of them never happened, others were 2-3 years after such statements.

There is much to critique in the KAM XF pr and communication....but it seems silly to harp on the proper way they word their goals.

Mark your typical and obsessive M.O is tiring. You don't even have a horse in the race. How many times do you have to say the same crap over and over? actually forget that. I should ask why you find a need to repeat yourself over and over on this subject? you spoke your opinion all over the internet and now you just sound like a bad broken record.. I have zero doubt you have a ulterior motives here, and it stinks.. Seriously if you dont like how development is being handled id like to personally invite you to take a hike.. You are spewing venom and discontent, you must realize you are a part of the problem here on this forum much more so then trying to be constructive.

Keep in mind.. "The empty can rattles the most"

Whilst I agree that sometimes Mark.B cannot decide whether to love or hate {Marmite} (think it depends on the planets alignment + time of month + direction of wind blowing + which way he is facing :p) he does and has raised valid concerns. I have been an avid supporter of XenForo, own 4 licences, offered my hosting services to help XenForo Ltd, SpaceBattles etc at no cost. Over the course of the last few months I have lost quite a bit of faith in the Company (KAM) but not the product. A total lack of communication is not something businesses do and then offering one liners is "satisfy" us is not the right thing to do.

Many of us have said that the personal problems of the Directors of the Company are not our concern, excuse me, but if they affect the operation of the Company then they are. Clearly the personal issues that have been present over the last few months HAVE had a detrimental effect on the Company, a complete lack of respect for its Customers. Ah, some of you may say that they have been advised by their lawyers to restrict posting, that is fine, get the lawyers an official account and get them to post an announcement to that affect. Just stop leaving us in the dark as it just shows to me a total lack of respect to those who have helped you get this far. Without US the customer you would be nothing. Customers are what make a Company succeed.

What annoys me the most, why cannot Ashley (being the "business" guy of XenForo Ltd) just make an official announcement clearing the above, Mark.B is right, there is a lot of work to be done by the Directors to restore faith, trust and respect with its existing and possibly new Customers.

25 days to go!!

I thought you and the thread were going to get locked up for not curbing your enthusiasm?

Me....I'm hoping for hot models outside the Kabuki Hotel/ForumCon site with freebie trays with XenForo 1.2 giveaways and the vB folks calling Pinkerton's to chase them off.

well there went the positive vibe... :cry:

please stop arguing, that doesn't solve anything.. doesn't everyone on here pretty much run their own site.. "you" should know better

the update will come when it's ready, keep b1tching and this thread will just likely be locked down (n)

well there went the positive vibe... :cry:

please stop arguing, that doesn't solve anything.. doesn't everyone on here pretty much run their own site.. "you" should know better

the update will come when it's ready, keep b1tching and this thread will just likely be locked down (n)
If it does get locked down it just goes to show a lack of respect to paying/paid customers who are asking legitimate questions about their investment in a product and a Company.

2. As stated hundreds of times now by many people, THOSE WITH CONCERNS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE DEVELOPERS' PERSONAL LIVES, please stop perpetrating this lie.

The personal lives i have only one comment on and its as follows:

I hope that Kier, Mike and Ashley as well as their families are all in good health and i wish them the best.

This is not only for those 3 but for everyone that reads the forum i wish them the best.

That's the only interest i have in personal lives.

The personal lives i have only one comment on and its as follows:

I hope that Kier, Mike and Ashley as well as their families are all in good health and i wish them the best.

This is not only for those 3 but for everyone that reads the forum i wish them the best.

That's the only interest i have in personal lives.
Let's take this 1 step further...

Let's say that Kier, Mike and Ashley all have personal issues which take them away from XenForo Ltd completely, the Company and product suffers immensely. You are still not interested?

Based on 30+ years of looking at software and hardware releases, it would not have mattered one bit if they sent a video with them swearing before Zog.
:)

IMHO, we are getting into nitpicking and obsession when we start deconstructing the language and saying it means nothing or something else. But, being as I am an avid reader and writer, let be translate in American English - "all things being equal we are going to make a good attempt at getting a beta of the next upgrade released by the end of June".

Heck, you should have been around for the early Mac and Windows "promises". Some of them never happened, others were 2-3 years after such statements.

There is much to critique in the KAM XF pr and communication....but it seems silly to harp on the proper way they word their goals.

PR, Communication and active marketing when done correct it keeps owners and customers happy.

I'm not. I am only interested in the fact that there is an issue, if they tell us there's an issue then fine. I am not concerned with what it actually is, other than to wish them well. They do not need to tell customers the "gory details".
Never implied they had do. If they came out and said "Due to personal issues XenForo Ltd is no more" that is enough. You do not need to know the details of the issue just the effect of the issue.

I'm not going to suppress my views just because people don;t agree with negative comments.

I think iTuN3r was referring to the repetitive nature of what sounds like a sour grapes response. You think XenForo is the best of breed. You want to use it. The sudden lack of communication by developers changed your mind and you moved on....except you haven't and those grapes look like the best grapes you've ever seen and maybe if I wait I'll be able to get them.

As someone who's shopping, your underlying message, that XenForo is the best you've seen and you wish you could use it is plus for XenForo for me.

The hard decision would be if vB5 is XenForo...then what to do? If 1.2 had a CMS app like XenPorta and XenForo developers would continue to be force working to XenForo 2.0, I'd go with it. The fact that IPB comes with a CMS is why it is between them and XenForo for me. As a member of forums using XenForo, I just like how XenForo works. Your view, that it's the best and you wish you could use it, reinforces that.

Let's take this 1 step further...

Let's say that Kier, Mike and Ashley all have personal issues which take them away from XenForo Ltd completely, the Company and product suffers immensely. You are still not interested?

Then i only expect a post like for example this "Because of personal issues we are not able to provide the same quality of support on the forum as you are used to, we hope that you have understanding for this. When everything is going smoother we will continue on the same level as before.". That's around the same we see here posted on stores if something happened with staff of a normal store, nothing more or less their family affairs are their own.

99% of the owners of a company knows that they need to keep pushing them self's even if at home its not 100% because you usually do not have the same benefit as normal employees with sick leave etc etc. So for them its even harder then lets say for me when i get sick i can stay at home and get well asap while owners of a company do not have that luxury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom