1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Any chance to see help/terms page for baned users?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by a.tushkanov, Dec 20, 2013.

1. a.tushkanov

a.tushkanov Active Member

Cause when user is baned - we point him the reason and it is described on help/terms page.
    But there is no chance for him to see it been baned or maybe i'm wrong? :)
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Banned users have no access to any page.

You can add the text to the ban reason.
  3. a.tushkanov

Ok, but there is also no chance to logout to use "contact us" or just maybe read forum pages (clear cookies etc.)
    Banned user has no chance to be a user any more - ok. But imagine that you make a mistake and ban wrong user or two... ;) What should those users do to indicate an error happening?

This system has no responsiveness and a chance to correct what was done wrong :(
    It looks like "Any feedback, anyone? :sleep:" ...
  4. a.tushkanov

How do I know about the existence of this e-mail? If I was a spammer, it would be the first address that I would use for bombing :LOL:
  5. All valid websites have a list of emails that should be setup when the site is open to the public. webmaster@domain.com is one of them. As for spam, well your email server should be setup to deal with spam. Personally, I use gmail to access most of my private emails such as that. So setting up a decent spam filter is rather easy.

If you want your users to know about the email, you could change the default message that is emailed to a user when they're banned and make sure that you check the box to send them the email when you ban someone.