AntiSpam by CleanTalk

AntiSpam by CleanTalk 2.9

No permission to download
This is slowing my forum down. With cleantalk disabled, the load time is almost instant, with version 2.4 it is 5 seconds+
I'm seeing the same with the latest update on xF 2.2. It slows the forum.

Also, weirdly, it makes poll results disappear from the top of threads.

Same problem with 5+ second loads for me.. It only happens when "SpamFireWall" is enabled..

I enabled php-fpm slowlog functionality and could see that there is a sleep(3) in SFW.php:142 that is called for each request..
- If I comment it out the requests start returning within 1s at least..

I can't for the life of me imagine why a 3-second sleep is put into code that will execute on every request (or even intermittently on any request for that part)..
- This seems like some task that should be put inside a cronjob instead..

@GeekyPhilip @Case You guys can still run the Cleantalk addon, but you have to disable the "SpamFireWall" functionality until they can release a fix for this..
- I have it running like that and the site is fast, and catches the spambots.. But I would rather see that it blocked them even earlier :)

CleanTalk Team updated AntiSpam by CleanTalk with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...
Code:
#0 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): CleanTalk\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:error', Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(38): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Error', 'public:error', Array)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(427): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderErrors(Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Error))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Error), 'html')
#6 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

This update is sadly broken :(

Code:
#0 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): CleanTalk\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:error', Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(38): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Error', 'public:error', Array)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(427): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderErrors(Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Error))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Error), 'html')
#6 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

This update is sadly broken :(
Could you tell us your PHP and Xenforo version?

Cleantalk with the last Xenforo version:

An exception occurred: [ErrorException] [E_WARNING] Declaration of CleanTalk\XF\Template\Templater::renderTemplate($template, array $params = Array, $addDefaultParams = true, ?XF\Template\ExtensionSet $extensionOverrides = NULL) should be compatible with BR\ModernStatistic\XF\Template\Templater::renderTemplate($template, array $params = Array, $addDefaultParams = true, $extensionOverrides = NULL) in src/addons/CleanTalk/XF/Template/Templater.php on line 135 [LIST=1] [*] [*][B]XF::handlePhpError()[/B] in [B]src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php[/B] at line [B]444[/B] [*] [*][B]include()[/B] in [B]src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php[/B] at line [B]444[/B] [*] [*][B]Composer\Autoload\includeFile()[/B] in [B]src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php[/B] at line [B]322[/B] [*] [*][B]Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass()[/B] [*] [*][B]spl_autoload_call()[/B] [*] [*][B]class_exists()[/B] in [B]src/XF/Extension.php[/B] at line [B]172[/B] [*] [*][B]XF\Extension->extendClass()[/B] in [B]src/XF/App.php[/B] at line [B]2848[/B] [*] [*][B]XF\App->extendClass()[/B] in [B]src/XF/App.php[/B] at line [B]1811[/B] [*] [*][B]XF\App->setupTemplaterObject()[/B] in [B]src/XF/App.php[/B] at line [B]1373[/B] [*] [*][B]XF\App->XF\{closure}()[/B] in [B]src/XF/Container.php[/B] at line [B]28[/B] [*] [*][B]XF\Container->offsetGet()[/B] in [B]src/XF/App.php[/B] at line [B]3224[/B] [*] [*][B]XF\App->templater()[/B] in [B]src/XF/Admin/App.php[/B] at line [B]97[/B] [*] [*][B]XF\Admin\App->preRender()[/B] in [B]src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php[/B] at line [B]395[/B] [*] [*][B]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render()[/B] in [B]src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php[/B] at line [B]58[/B] [*] [*][B]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()[/B] in [B]src/XF/App.php[/B] at line [B]2337[/B] [*] [*][B]XF\App->run()[/B] in [B]src/XF.php[/B] at line [B]488[/B] [*] [*][B]XF::runApp()[/B] in [B]admin.php[/B] at line [B]13[/B]
[/LIST]

I'm surprised there's not more discussion of this plug in. I installed it yesterday and in the last 24 hours, it has banned 400 Russian spammers. These spammers were getting through the normal defenses, despite using Captcha and StopForumSpam. It was so bad that my moderators were on the verge of resigning, all they did all day was delete bogus registrations.

Yes, there is a noticable, but not terrible, performance hit. My forum responded instantly previously, now there is a short, but noticeable pause. But it's not bad, and it's much better than finding spam after spam on the forum and in PMs which was happening constantly.

Why aren't more folks using this? What have I overlooked?

Top Bottom