Anti-spam measures

SchmitzIT

For the love of Pete, please get the new anti-spam measures implemented already. It's frankly embarrassing to know that the spammers are well-aware of the default XenForo anti-spam measures, and thus they circumvent them with little effort, meaning people have to call in someone like me to fix their sites (I don't mind that of course, but do think my customers will probably have better uses for their time and money).

I do hope the team is aware that their decision NOT to deploy the new measures they announced is ensuring that potential customers are keeping back from their purchasing when they find that their potential boards would be easy game for automated spam-tools unless they install third-party add-ons or rely on third party consultants to clean things up.

Yes, I'm well aware of the lawsuit and the announcements. I just think it's a bloody shame that nothing is being done to improve this obvious lack, and it's hurting Xenforo just as much as the lawsuit is.

plenty of very effective anti spam addons here...all will need constant dev & monitoring however, thats just the way it is these days does not matter whatt he baseline you start from it is soon known by spammers & will need changing somewhere.

sounds more like your customers either need to get some addons or get some half decent admins

sounds more like your customers either need to get some addons or get some half decent admins

I disagree with that.

Fact of the matter is that anti-spam measures should be a core feature of the forum package. The competition sure has them, and seeing how easily the built-in system is bypassed now, it just indicates that XenForo's spam-combat systems are outdated, and thus due an overhaul.

I have to agree with SchmitzIT, I have spammers registering on my test board which has been open for 24 hours...wow...

I disagree with that.

Fact of the matter is that anti-spam measures should be a core feature of the forum package. The competition sure has them, and seeing how easily the built-in system is bypassed now, it just indicates that XenForo's spam-combat systems are outdated, and thus due an overhaul.

Agreed. It's gotten so bad on my site I've had to go to manual approvals for registrations.

My User registration was setup with XenUtiles ( using its spam management) it done a brillaint job. i am moving to TAC (Tennants Anti Spam Collection) and AnyApi. this will capture 100% of spambots. I also enforce a moderated post policy for new user and they automatically get upgraded to a full member status afetr x amount of posts. I have not had 1 spam post in about 4 months now.

No doubt development of a new version of XenForo need to have more anti spam measurements in place, but you can cut out the rest using plugins.

I cant praise also the plugins enough from Tennants,

These should just about fix all spam bots.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/tac-tenants-anti-spam-collection-anti-spam-free-version.1474/
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/customimgcaptcha-spam-combat.1161/
http://xenforo.com/community/resour...pam-bots-from-hogging-cpu-and-bandwidth.1403/

Top Bottom