1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Vbulletin 3.7 to Xenforo

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by wyze, Dec 19, 2014.

1. wyze

wyze Member

Deliberated and pondered the move to Xenforo for years! Literally years!

I took the plunge and I am so pleased that I did. @Slavik did a great job helping us import our forum from Vbulletin, everything came over and redirects from VBSEO worked perfectly.

Our image gallery also imported into the Media Gallery! Which is now a part of the standard Xenforo offering!

We have no plugins, the standard software does everything we need including supreme spam management! We haven't had more than 3 spam posts in 2 months!

The forum is so much faster, so much so I wondered if we needed the server resources we were using. We are now able on a busier and bigger site to cut out server resources in HALF! yes, half the CPU and RAM and the images take up less space.

I've pulled a graph off showing our forum stats from the last year, see how the posts and user activity spikes when we migrated to xenforo - ALMOST INSTANTLY!

Server errors and glitches vanished, people didn't have trouble logging in or signing up. Posts don't strangely go missing either or duplicate themselves.

I also spend almost no time each week booting out spammers and cleaning up spam!

forum-stats.jpg

Thanks for a great product, for saving our community and cutting my running costs in half! If version 2.0 is better I'm going to be so pleased I might buy a kitten and run around in a brightly coloured sweater for a whole year!

tyteen4a03, Robust, napy8gen and 5 others like this.
  2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Was great working with you.

Awesome to see your users have taken to the software also!

3. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

What's the forum?

4. wyze

wyze Member

5. thedude

thedude Well-Known Member

Congrats. We're getting ready to move our big vb3 forum, based on @Slavik's script as well.