Another possible migration from IPB. Questions.

naia

I am interested in migrating my community from IPB to Xenforo. My community currently has addons that add the following functionality:
  1. Points & Points Shop
  2. Member-Map (geographical map of members, members can opt-in)
  3. Reputation System (positive and negative)
  4. Profile Privacy
I also have a nature-themed skin I really enjoy. I want to know what the (comparable) options for Xenforo would be at the current moment. I would also like to know the security tract-record of Xenforo and it's performance compared to IPB - perhaps from other people who switched? I used a three-day demo to go over the admin and user interface, and just renewed my demo to continue to evaluate the software. I love what I see so far.

Also: What will carry over from IPB when I do the import, and what won't? The documentation I've reviewed hasn't been too clear about it all.

Thank you!

1. You'd have to look at styles in the Resource Manager.
  2. XenForo has had no security exploits so far.
  3. XenForo's performance is nice and fast, but it also depends on your server.
  4. Here is a screenshot, courtesy of @Andrej, of everything that imports.

Thanks. I appreciate that. I am running on a Virtual Private Server, so that won't be an issue for #3. For #4, that is a vBulletin installation. I am curious if there's any differences between what can cross over with IPB vs vBulletion to Xenforo.

Thank you. I appreciate your help. I will be purchasing within the next few weeks, as I'd like to purchase my resources, skins, and the system around the same time. It's a nice system that's not as bloated as IPB (my current), and I am quite enjoying it and am pretty sure my users will too!

Thank you. I appreciate your help. I will be purchasing within the next few weeks, as I'd like to purchase my resources, skins, and the system around the same time. It's a nice system that's not as bloated as IPB (my current), and I am quite enjoying it and am pretty sure my users will too!
Once you purchase your license, don't forget to associate your forum account with your license to be able to access all the resources and post in the support section! To do so, you'll need to visit this page (once you purchase xenForo!) and add your forum username there :)

I'm sure you'll have a great time with xenForo! And if you face any hurdles, the community here is more than willing to provide help!

Top Bottom