1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Another DB crashed and should be repaired error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by xenTheory, Oct 20, 2012.

1. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Wasn't doing anything on the forums, haven't upgraded anything. Checked and saw this:

I've fixed the DB and it's working but would like to know why it did that.
  2. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

If it helps I own the server it's running on and Zend is working fine for other sites etc, same with all other services.
  3. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

I'm not a MySQL expert or anything but it's my understanding tables just crash sometimes. I'm sure there is a reason but I think it can vary and simply can't always be prevented. Shouldn't be a big issue unless it's crashing repeatedly, in which case I'd say something is misconfigured.
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Could be lack of available storage space causing corruption, or a server crash. There are many possibilities. It's only a concern if the corruption is recurring.
  5. tenants

tenants Well-Known Member

That's strange, the same thing happened on my local test MySQL (Windows 8) database, nobody has accesses to this forum apart from me (xf_session):

Mysqli prepare error: Table '.\xenforo\xf_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
    Hmmm.. there's something about the xf_session table. This is not a storage issue (there haven't been enough sessions to cause a storage issue)
  6. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

I encounter this problem lately, it's your server/host problem or limitation.
  7. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Probably improper shutdown
  8. tenants

tenants Well-Known Member

I don't think so, I was playing with the forum only 5 minutes earlier (it's a local test forum, so not a host issue, no shut down)

... I'm going to mark up as just one of those things (unless it happens again)