XF 1.5 Annoying "back" button behavior.

Bill Stuntz

I use the browser's "back" button frequently. I even have a 5-button mouse, so all I have to do is twitch my thumb to go back, instead of moving the mouse to click the actual button.

On our MB, if I edit a post and save it, the back button takes me back into the editor. If I edit the same post twice, I have to go back through the editor twice to get back to where I want to be. I don't want to go back into the editor.

On THIS MB, it takes me back to where I was BEFORE I started editing - as I think it should.
Is there a way to fix our MB to work like this one?

Last edited:
2.0 is quite different from 1.5 and different technologies/approaches are in use, so things here may not be relevant in 1.5.

That said, editing a post happens in an overlay by default, so since it isn't loading a separate page, it shouldn't be doing that. However, if it's not loading in an overlay (which is an admin option), then there wouldn't be anything that can be done about that.

Thank you. It wasn't using the overlay. That's fixed it. Now I have to see if other people hate the new configuration. I sure hope not.
I wonder if it was disabled because of this:
If enabled, messages will be edited in an overlay. This has caused problems for a limited number of people, so you can disable this and edit messages using a full page.
Any idea what problems to watch for?

Now, when I edit on our MB it pops up an approximately 1/4 screen edit overlay. Here, it seems to edit in place. Is that a difference between the versions? I like this better.

Last edited:
Any idea what problems to watch for?
They're resolved in the current version of 1.5, but there were some browser quirks in the past (which may be why it was turned off?).

Now, when I edit on our MB it pops up an approximately 1/4 screen edit overlay. Here, it seems to edit in place. Is that a difference between the versions? I like this better.
Yes, the inline approach is only available in 2.0.

Top Bottom