Announcement/ HYS are too invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said. Checking to see if there's something new in a forum is easy. Changing your browsing habits on the other hand........

Some people will never be happy. Provide one feature, they cry about how something else doesn't fit into their idea of perfection.

A home page won't help because people who don't visit the forum index page (to see if something was posted in announcements and have you seen section) won't visit the homepage too :)
No solution is perfect.
A Home Page with key announcements is the best solution I can think of.
There is a reason why XenPorta is the most popular Xenforo addon to date.

No solution is perfect.
A Home Page with key announcements is the best solution I can think of.
There is a reason why XenPorta is the most popular Xenforo addon to date.

Does anyone actually visit the homepage? Apart from when they go there to download an update?

No solution is perfect.
Exactly.... which is why some people will never be happy, no matter what and will always look for problems where there aren't any - it's usually just an inconvenience to that one person (or a couple) who have to go on and on and on... bit like the Duracell bunny only not as entertaining to keep watching.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Probably not a solution at all but you could be node specific in that you have an indicator. I probably would do this but it's thrown out there now and serves as something people wouldn't miss at first glance titling it whatever to users preference. :D

Code:
.nodeList .node_3 .nodeInfo.unread .nodeTitle:after {
    background-color: #8555cd;
    border-radius: 2px 2px 2px 2px;
    color: white;
    content: "HYS";
    font-size: 10px;
    margin-left: 5px;
    padding: 1px 5px;
}

View attachment 46615

It's like an alert embedded in the forum index.
I love it.
Excellent idea.

I accidently click it Home instead of Forum sometimes and end up there... maybe I should start a thread asking for it to be moved somewhere else . . . ;)

Yeah, admittedly I've done this on a few occasions I call this the "Caps lock Affect" the home tab is essentially xenforo's Caps Lock.

I accidently click it Home instead of Forum sometimes and end up there... maybe I should start a thread asking for it to be moved somewhere else . . . ;)

Seriously! Especially when I'm on the e-reader and the available real estate for tapping is very crowded. That link needs to be moved!

/sarcoff **snicker**

I think they are visible enough. They are at the top of the forum index. All you need to do is look. You don't have to click anywhere to see them.

1-forum-png.46607

The lack of a Home Page is the problem.

There is a home page and the announcements are already visible there.

Comment on the ideas.
Not just saying "everyone is happy" or "can't please everyone".
I answered your question *shrug* You asked if that would make everyone happy.. I said most people are already happy.....

But sure, I'll comment on the idea. I think it's ridiculous. We don't need notifications on the Forums page when all you have to do is use your eyes and the forum features correctly.

OK. The idea stinks. Start putting alerts up top for every stinking little thing and people start ignoring it.

I answered your question *shrug* You asked if that would make everyone happy.. I said most people are already happy.....

But sure, I'll comment on the idea. I think it's ridiculous. We don't need notifications on the Forums page when all you have to do is use your eyes and the forum features correctly.
LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom