XF 1.4 Animated signatures

Zynektic

Hi there,

I've not tried as of yet but is there any way to block the animations in signature images linked in via Imagick or the default image handler.

We were discussing having animated avatars to usergroups and the designer mentioned he can do this however, signatures would still show animation as they do not go through the uploader.

I hope that makes sense and if anyone can provide some feedback I'd appreciate it if we can work around this.

Yea, we are having one made however, he said that since signatures are not passed using the uploader it was hard to block it in Imagick. He did link another add-on where you can upload your signatures at a predefined size and restrict the image bbcode but that add-on is not working properly or updated since 2014.

I guess the only way to do it is to have signatures uploaded rather than linked (which will need to be done in the add-on too) :(

Yea, we are having one made however, he said that since signatures are not passed using the uploader it was hard to block it in Imagick. He did link another add-on where you can upload your signatures at a predefined size and restrict the image bbcode but that add-on is not working properly or updated since 2014.

I guess the only way to do it is to have signatures uploaded rather than linked (which will need to be done in the add-on too) :(
could get him to add gif images to it also, least that way you can have premium members using it only

The animated signature to Premium was $25 if they can rerelease it or $50 for full rights however, since he had a poke and noticed the signature requirements cannot be met unless you upload signatures rather than a bbcode it will probably boost the price up.

Another developer who is quote busy wanted $100 which was also fine but not sure if that includes the signature issue.

The animated signature to Premium was $25 if they can rerelease it or $50 for full rights however, since he had a poke and noticed the signature requirements cannot be met unless you upload signatures rather than a bbcode it will probably boost the price up.

Another developer who is quote busy wanted $100 which was also fine but not sure if that includes the signature issue.
dont pay anymore than $35 mate, some people will really try, i understand some addons can be extremely complex, possibly this could be what do i know lol.

if it had the GIF option also i would invest

Slightly confused lol

It is to allow animated images (.gif) for Premium members in their avatar (and signature but this requires extra work since I guess it cannot be blocked unless you remove the [ img] from signature so they cannot link images and have it use an uploader for signature).

Slightly confused lol

It is to allow animated images (.gif) for Premium members in their avatar (and signature but this requires extra work since I guess it cannot be blocked unless you remove the [ img] from signature so they cannot link images and have it use an uploader for signature).
sounds good, see what price they come back at you with.

if it has those options i might join you

dont pay anymore than $35 mate, some people will really try, i understand some addons can be extremely complex, possibly this could be what do i know lol.
$35 is around £20. UK minimum wage is currently £6.50 so at that rate it's only 3 hours work. However minimum wage is generally for unskilled work. Coding is definitely skilled work so a higher hourly rate is more realustic.

I think you do indeed underestimate the time taken and skill required to code add-ons, which is why prices are higher than the low amounts that some people think they should pay for a custom add-on.

$35 is around £20. UK minimum wage is currently £6.50 so at that rate it's only 3 hours work. However minimum wage is generally for unskilled work. Coding is definitely skilled work so a higher hourly rate is more realustic.

I think you do indeed underestimate the time taken and skill required to code add-ons, which is why prices are higher than the low amounts that some people think they should pay for a custom add-on.
Well there you go. I say know more on this matter.

Top Bottom