1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AndyB's appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by imthebest, Aug 1, 2014.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

If you are running XenForo there are 90% of chances that you have at least one add-on made by AndyB. I'm using various of his add-ons, most of them from his "Remove..." series :ROFLMAO: but also some must-have features like Similar Threads which Andy was so kind to update recently to cover a suggestion made by me.

I want to thank you @AndyB for being one of the top contributors to the XenForo history... granted we will always remember you and you have already earned a place in our hearts! :)

Keep it up man!!! (y)
  2. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Ummm... thread kinda reads like a memorial post *looks disturbed*
    Glockie, zastavra, Amaury and 7 others like this.
  3. Bionic Rooster

Bionic Rooster Well-Known Member

I agree, this sounds more like a remove AndyB add-on or passed on thread than it does a tribute. :(
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  4. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

RIP whoever you are.
  5. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Creepiest thread on xF in a long time. I too thought first reading it Andy had passed.
    Connor Smith likes this.
  6. Jay

Jay Active Member

Lest this be foreshadowing. Live long AndyB!
  7. JamesBrown

JamesBrown Well-Known Member

Thanks Andy for some very useful resources (y)
  8. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

You hope it's a prediction of Andy's death? Well, I'm not a huge fan of his remove on things.. but that's just mean :p
    Amaury likes this.
  9. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Maybe someone is going to "Remove AndyB"?!

Amaury likes this.
  10. Jay

Jay Active Member

"Lest" wasn't a typo...

Or did this go entirely over my head, lol :p
  11. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Heh.. put it down to lack of caffeine on my part... :) I read it as "lets"
    Jay likes this.
  12. audiokid

audiokid Active Member

This guy is the Dark Horse of xenForo Add-ons! I love this guy! He is not only a genuine person, wonderful to speak to, he has been helping me clean up 16 years of mess like its a personal passion to improve our forums. I can't even put it into words. Kudo's and respect Andy (y)

I started forums in 1999, migrating from ubb , ubbthreads, PHPnuke, vbulletin to xenForo.
    AndyB add-ons are essential xenForo house cleaning tools (utilities) that give the admin the ability to improve user experience in a very logical way. These improve SEO and daily workflow functions to maintain a very tidy forum. I cannot rave enough about Andy and his insight into how he understands better ways to improve while creating utilities for us. Simple add-ons that are brilliant! A Big Thanks!!!
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    3rd AnGle, BassMan and AndyB like this.
  13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

AndyB's addons are convenient life-savers!
  14. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

Nothing much to add here, he is in every aspect awesome.
  15. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

Thumbs up!
  16. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

17. Axel B

Axel B Well-Known Member

Most of the addons I use on my forum are also made by Andy!
    Big thumbs up!
  18. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

OMG's Andy is an outstanding individual and has help me tremendously. I have one of my site running with alot of his addons and it looks amazing... Thanks @AndyB
  19. RichardGaspa

RichardGaspa Active Member

I just wanted to tap into this thread about the assistance @AndyB has been giving me and my site (VeteransBriefing.com) over the past few days. @AndyB has been tremendous with his assistance in tweaking our site, Everything from creating a fresh logo to his suggestions on how we could attract brand new users. Thank you @AndyB
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    AdamD likes this.
  20. RichardGaspa

RichardGaspa Active Member

For some strange reason, I decided to read this tread from the first post down. I am glad I did. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. I just chatted with @AndyB two days ago but after reading this tread I am going to have to PM him to make sure he'still with us. :ROFLMAO:
    Glockie and Lisa like this.