AndyB's appreciation thread

Don't worry guys!
Andy is fine
thumbsup.gif
he is my friend
cool.gif

One of the best developers of Xenforo thumbsup.gif

For some strange reason, I decided to read this tread from the first post down. I am glad I did. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. I just chatted with @AndyB two days ago but after reading this tread I am going to have to PM him to make sure he'still with us. :ROFLMAO:
Take it as a warning never to read and post before you've consumed enough caffeine :D

Andy has always been amazing and helpful. I have personally never talked to him but when I used to be regular on VBulletin Forums, Andy was always around to help people there. After he moved to XF he started making XF addons and I have used several of his addons on many sites I have worked on. Thanks @AndyB :)

Even though I laughed at the initial posts, I will also like to add that AndyB is a top bloke. His add-ons are simply outstanding!! Some of which must definitely be considered for core functionality!
Very helpful, always listens to suggestions and overall nice guy. :)

@AndyB is a great addition to the XenForo community, not only for his great add-on's but for his willingness to help people in need of forum-related assistance.

Go Andy! You're awesome. :)

Will add my 2 cents worth here..
Just like to say a MASSIVE thank you to AndyB not just for his creations but his friendship..

Andy even rang me from his home in the US a couple of times just for a chat & catch up. Top Man & A True Gentleman..
The type of person who restores your faith in humanity.. Deep Respect Big Fella..

Regards..

I haven't conversed with Andy at all but I must say I am truly AMAZED and even STUNNED to have discovered that this "genius" puts out such an extensive amount of free addons requiring no visible branding nor DEMANDS payment to remove the visible branding! (and i don't hand out compliments lightly nor even well for that matter - I'm making reference to the word "genius" only because of the massive amount of fans he obviously has)

Frankly, I happen to KNOW that I and many others would gladly pay for good quality addons and I'm talking about those ranging from $50.00 and up - except WE REFUSE to pay that much for an addon then the same amount to have the branding removed. Since nearly all of them are doing it - few of us can afford to pay for both - (just out of curiosity, wonder how's that working for them?)

Maybe I'll change my mind as my forum becomes profitable, but I seriously doubt it. In today's ecconomy there's little doubt that for the same money and probably even less we could have a very similar and likely even better addon custom built - without their branding on it at all.

Some of those super stars putting out incredible addons that may be worth every bit as much as they're asking for - branding removal fee included, (and I'm not being sarcastic here) seem to have forgotten a KEY aspect of marketing.

In this economy, and to believe this you MUST turn off the so called news stations -

Truth Coming Your Way Here: there are NO signs (other than mainstream media BS propoganda) of the economy getting any better!

Please stay tuned just a little longer and I'll get to the point:

Concerning marketing - the true value isn't in how great a product is - it's what the PURCHASER perceives the value to BE to him or her and now more than ever it's a matter of what THEY can afford to pay for it!

Perhaps they are satisified with the money they are earning doing things as they are doing them - (meaning $50.00 plus and more for addons and same amount or more sometimes for branding fee removal -

If not, then one solution for them to consider would be either drop the branding removal fee or cut the price of the addon in HALF and HALF for branding removal fee) Then if the economy does pick up again (miracles do happen I'm told) then shoot it back up there. They'd certainly have LOADS of HONEST testimonials to pre-sale for them!

Just a suggestion. Thought I'd throw that out there, but to be honest I really don't give a damn whether they do or don't.

Now that I'm through with my RANT - I will get to the reason for writing this.

I love the Xenforo software. But it LACKS a lot of what SHOULD be core features - as many have already mentioned.

I'm doing a total revamp of everything concerning my domain and forum - from ground ZERO - stripped EVERYTHING down and reinstalled it just yesterday! For some reason - and I hope it's well earned, I kept finding tons of posts about Andy, so I'm getting ready to put Andy's addons to the test and if they are what I have heard from EVERYONE here and elsewhere (and yep, at the risk of offending a few or many of Andy's fans I'm gonna come out and say what's on my mind and WHY)

If these compliments and endorsements are coming primarily from folks who are" appreciative in words only" - meaning, because he offers all of them for free, but ya'll don't actually DONATE anything to him financially, well, you may not realize that there are a lot of folks just like me who are of the following opinions:

1. EVERYONE who uses several of any author's free addons could certainly afford to spare at least a BUCK - even if it's only a one time donation

2. Any amount would make the author 'feel' appreciated and respected and encourage them to keep going and continue bettering the addon and developing
even more worth-while addons

3. Donations to those who do so much for free GREATLY increase THEIR credibility.

4. The "words without donations" types make it really hard on those of us who would like to find and SUPPORT those that are what we read about - Andy
for example -"hopefully". Without some financial support for CREDIBILITY and encouragement - they won't be able to keep doing what they do and certainly not for free.

NOTE TO ANDY: Sorry for being so hard here, but after I have had time to test out some of your addons and if they really are what I have read about them - I WILL be making donations and honest endorsements.

Just a thread that I wanted to start. Thanks for doing that.

@AndyB helped me a lot and his support was (and is still) even better than most of the products that I use and they are all paid.

He even helped me solve problems that are totally caused by other things .

Also I have an experience of his great kindness about different add-ons. (Once I was updating services of my forum, I needed a daily digest newsletter in opt-in mode. In less than hours he created it as I wished and sent it freely)

There are lots of examples and if I start writing all his kindnesses, I should spend all my day writing them.

The important thing is that he do all his best freely and solve the problems in best way.

At the end: Although this kind of threads are really nice, but its not enough. I believe sending donations to Andy must be one of our works, and we shouldn't think that these donations are our kindness. Its a really small answer to Andy's great kindnesses.

Wish you all and Andy the best.

Regards,
Hamed

Last edited:
Will add my 2 cents worth here..
Just like to say a MASSIVE thank you to AndyB not just for his creations but his friendship..

Andy even rang me from his home in the US a couple of times just for a chat & catch up. Top Man & A True Gentleman..
The type of person who restores your faith in humanity.. Deep Respect Big Fella..

Regards..
Yup, thats the guy I know too. Solid and genuine. Benchmark for me on how to treat others.

Top Bottom