1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Android ICS Browser Crashes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by John55, May 12, 2012.

1. John55

John55 Member

I have a few users who are having problems logging into the site from their Android Tablets running 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, with their default browsers.

Whenever they tap the log-in menu, they get the drop down window where they should enter their username and password. However, according to them, the browser becomes "laggy" and eventually crashes/force stops the browser.

Dolphin for Pad has the same issue they said, but no problems on Opera Mobile. I asked them to check see if they could get the pull down here at xenforo, and they said they had the same issues.

Any suggestions? Is there a setting they should set on their Androids?

2. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

AFAIK out of the box there is no support for mobile devices. Though, browsing xf.com on Dolphin on Android 2.3.4 HTC Sense 3 works fine for me. It may be an ICS incompatibility. ICS isn't that widely supported yet.

I would recommend you though to install the XF Stop mobile devices skin and see how that performs.

3. Thee

Thee Active Member

There is Chrome (Beta) for Android 4.0.x which works just fine for me with XenForo on our site. You might want to ask them to give this one a try.

CyclingTribe likes this.