Other Android App for XenForo Forum?

Tapatalk works just fine with XenForo and is available for Android, Blackberry, iOS, etc.

And your point is?

You asked if there's an Android app that works with XF. There is. It's called Tapatalk.

The XDA app is free because it's a Tapatalk Build Your Own app, not cheap at $29 per month plus a $99 set-up fee. That's just for one forum too. You'd have to be running a big forum and making a lot in advertising to justify paying that for your members.

As Mike says, if users want a mobile app then Tapatalk paid version is the best bet. If the user really wants it they'll pay the low cost for this app. It's not a full forum replacement though and doesn't support various features like polls, additional smilies not to mention add-ons. If users want the whole experience then they'll have to visit the website which will be easier for mobile users in 1.2 with its responsive design.

Reactions: rdn
But not all your forum user's can purchased the app.

You can use the Tapatalk "Build Your Own" option... or have someone use the Tapatalk API to code you a custom version. Either way, it will probably be expensive. Most of the "apps" you see are either TapaTalk or ForumRunner.

I'm sure if they can afford the monthly bill of a smart phone, they can come up with the one time $3.00 needed for TT :)

Monthly bill? There isn't a monthly smartphone bill, unless you're stupid enough to get a contract.

Monthly bill? There isn't a monthly smartphone bill, unless you're stupid enough to get a contract.

eb6.jpg

In the U.S., most use the subsidized phone process of the companies - ergo, paying $399 for a $899 iPhone. Overseas most buy the phone outright and then just pay what we in the U.S. refer to as Off Contract... but that avoids the point that no matter what - you ARE paying a monthly stipend (in some form or another) for the use of the service.

In the U.S., most use the subsidized phone process of the companies - ergo, paying $399 for a $899 iPhone. Overseas most buy the phone outright and then just pay what we in the U.S. refer to as Off Contract... but that avoids the point that no matter what - you ARE paying a monthly stipend (in some for or another) for the use of the service.

That's true, as I just realised I technically pay a monthly fee for my phone service (£15 if you wondered). Hey, thanks for enlightening me :)

Top Bottom