Browser issue  Android 2.2 - Images Condensed

Waddy

Images within posts are condensed width ways when zooming in on Android 2.2, the image height is increased in proportion to zoom, but the image won't go wider than the screen. This means you can't zoom into an image to see detail without the image becoming distorted.

You'll need to have root access

Yeah, just searched the market place and all the screen grabbers require the phone to be rooted, I've only had it a couple of weeks so don't fancy rooting it just yet as it voids the warranty.

Does anybody else have this problem on 2.2? Maybe I've just got a setting wrong somewhere.

Also noticed that in Dolphin HD it seems to resize images in threads to a much smaller resolution and while they maintain ratio when zoomed in they are very pixelated.

yeah, just played about with this on my phone. Seems to be doing strange strange things. The browser seems to be resizing the image horizontally, but the site is forcing the height

Use Site Shot, works for Android default browser, no root required, it's in the market :)

chart

Testing ATM and it seems that attached images show as tumbnails if not logged in even if they were inserted fullsize... going keep testing though..

9p4.png

Confirmed, here are the screenshots...

ZOOMED OUT - KEEPS PROPORTIONS

iwd.png

ZOOMED IN - WIDTH SCALES BUT HEIGHT STAYS THE SAME DISTORTING IMAGE.

lyq.png

Top Bottom