1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Issue Android 2.2 - Images Condensed

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Waddy, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Waddy

Waddy Active Member

Images within posts are condensed width ways when zooming in on Android 2.2, the image height is increased in proportion to zoom, but the image won't go wider than the screen. This means you can't zoom into an image to see detail without the image becoming distorted.

2. Floris

Floris Guest

Can you post a screenshot?

3. Waddy

Waddy Active Member

I'll give it a go, bear with me.

4. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

You'll need to have root access

5. Waddy

Waddy Active Member

Yeah, just searched the market place and all the screen grabbers require the phone to be rooted, I've only had it a couple of weeks so don't fancy rooting it just yet as it voids the warranty.

Does anybody else have this problem on 2.2? Maybe I've just got a setting wrong somewhere.

Also noticed that in Dolphin HD it seems to resize images in threads to a much smaller resolution and while they maintain ratio when zoomed in they are very pixelated.

6. Disjunto

Mobile browsers try too hard to save bandwidth :p

7. Waddy

Waddy Active Member

That definitely seems to be what Dolphin is doing, but the native browser issue just seems to be with image dimensions, something I can't say I've seen browsing sites other than XF.

8. Disjunto

yeah, just played about with this on my phone. Seems to be doing strange strange things. The browser seems to be resizing the image horizontally, but the site is forcing the height

9. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

Use Site Shot, works for Android default browser, no root required, it's in the market :)

[​IMG]

Waddy, ijeffers and Disjunto like this.
  10. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Testing ATM and it seems that attached images show as tumbnails if not logged in even if they were inserted fullsize... going keep testing though..

[​IMG]

11. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Confirmed, here are the screenshots...

ZOOMED OUT - KEEPS PROPORTIONS

[​IMG]

ZOOMED IN - WIDTH SCALES BUT HEIGHT STAYS THE SAME DISTORTING IMAGE.

[​IMG]

12. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Thanks for this, really handy tool... :D... Got to love QR codes for that use also haven't you?

13. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

They are very handy!

14. Disjunto

awesome x2 :D

15. Waddy

Waddy Active Member

Thanks, very useful.