XF 1.4 analytics site speed suggestion

SnoSheriff

Google analytics suggest some changes for my site that may improve my website speeds. I don't know what needs to be done and how to do this. I'm looking for guidance and suggestions.

Desktop:
Should Fix:
Enable compression
Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.
Enable compression for the following resources to reduce their transfer size by 172KiB (67% reduction).
Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
Your page has 2 blocking script resources and 3 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.
None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.
Remove render-blocking JavaScript:
Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:

Mobile:
Should Fix:
Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
Your page has 2 blocking script resources and 3 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.
None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.
Remove render-blocking JavaScript:
Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:
Enable compression
Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.
Enable compression for the following resources to reduce their transfer size by 172KiB (67% reduction).
Leverage browser caching
Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.

Thank you

I want to know if this is something that needs to be addressed by XF core tho. Is this a setting change? I'm not about to start hacking the XF code. Why is this even coming up on my website? Why is not addressed in the core? So many questions... Maybe @Brogan @Mike or @Chris D can chime in on this?

You can do this , take 5 different times of website , like , forum , Blob, social network , etc , and do same test , you will see they all show similar issues , but it dont mean its actual issue , just look at result of your output sarefuly

Enable compression for the following resources to reduce their transfer size by 172KiB (67% reduction). > reduce by 172kb , its nothing major , and you will not see any better site performance,

Other thing might be m that your server has disabled Gzip compression , so it is nothing to do with core forum architecture . Try may be open support ticket in your hosting company

Look at this result , and its FACEBOOK . and google shows suggestions too :)
https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=facebook.com

Ok, so I'm hearing that I shouldn't be concerned. It that correct?

Should I check if Gzip compression is enabled on my server? Anything else that I should check on the server side?

Top Bottom