1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Regina Ortega, May 21, 2014.

1. Regina Ortega

Regina Ortega Active Member

Hello, im having this issue; my datacenter where i host my forum in my VPS had a energy issue today; and after the last incident my forum went offlane with this message.

An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

When i try to get admincp i get this error:

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table './xenmupe/xf_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Session.php at line 700
    6. XenForo_Session->getSessionFromSource() in XenForo/Session.php at line 435
    7. XenForo_Session->_setup() in XenForo/Session.php at line 419
    8. XenForo_Session->start() in XenForo/Session.php at line 319
    9. XenForo_Session::getPublicSession() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Login.php at line 7
    10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Login->actionForm() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/foro.muonline.pe/admin.php at line 13

Ps:
    If the answer is to repair the table, can you tell me how do i do that with webmin? Thanks. If not can you help me to solve this issue? Thank you very much again.

2. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Hi, you would want to use phpmyadmin to repair it. There is no tool in webmin to do so.

3. Regina Ortega

Hi, thanks for answer.

I don't know what's phpmyadmin; but this shouldn't happen. I mean what xenforo has to do with the energy issue in my DC. I didnt change anything.

Please help.

4. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

You xf_session table is crashed. You need to access your database to repair that table. phpMyAdmin is a web-based tool to access you database.

If you dont have phpMyAdmin, you can try repair it by ssh:

Code:
    mysql -u username -p
    use your_xenforo_database;
    repair table xf_session;

5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with XenForo... it has everything to do with mySQL shutting down dirty.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If a repair doesn't work, you can truncate (empty) it.

Regina Ortega likes this.
  7. Regina Ortega

Hi,

I attempted to repair the table but it didn't work, however i truncate it and it's working correctly now.

Thank you very much for helping me.

Adam Howard likes this.