XF 1.5 An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

DaveL

Hi everyone,

Moved my site over to a new server and i'm getting this error message when I go via my domain www.airportcitygame.com I've click on view source however it doesn't say anything else.

However if I navigate to my site via the IP address http://167.86.107.18/ my site shows up, but with the error message "A server error occurred. Please try again later".

Any help and advice really appreciated.

It sounds like you're experiencing domain resolution issues in the first instance. When I go to your domain I do seem to be hitting the new server. So that's a good sign.

If I go to: http://167.86.107.18/admin.php

I see a database error. The source of the page says:
HTML:
<!-- Mysqli prepare error: Table 'airportc_xenforo.xf_route_prefix' doesn't exist -->
So whatever database is being used on the new server, seems to be incomplete. You would ideally want to make sure you get a fully complete backup of the database from the old server and re-import it.

It sounds like you're experiencing domain resolution issues in the first instance. When I go to your domain I do seem to be hitting the new server. So that's a good sign.

If I go to: http://167.86.107.18/admin.php

I see a database error. The source of the page says:
HTML:
<!-- Mysqli prepare error: Table 'airportc_xenforo.xf_route_prefix' doesn't exist -->
So whatever database is being used on the new server, seems to be incomplete. You would ideally want to make sure you get a fully complete backup of the database from the old server and re-import it.

Thanks Chris.
I've got the airportc_xenforo.sql file from my old server which is 178MB, so was too big to upload via phpmyadmin. I used bigdump to upload it. Do you reckon that could have caused the issue?

@Chris D
I imported the database again, this time using SSH. However I get this error
ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 4680974: Duplicate entry 'deferredRun' for key 'PRIMARY'

My site does load up now, however I can't log in and says "A server error occurred. Please try again later. "

I've tried adding -f into the SSH however that does not seem to work. Instead of getting the "A server error occurred. Please try again later", when I try to log in I just get a blank white page.

These seem to be the two errors im getting when importing the database via SSH
ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 4681005: Duplicate entry 'deferredRun' for key 'PRIMARY'
ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 4681555: Duplicate entry '0-(M\xA7t' for key 'PRIMARY'

Line 4681005 is
ALTER TABLE xf_data_registry
ADD PRIMARY KEY (data_key);

and Line 4681555 is
ALTER TABLE xf_session_activity
ADD PRIMARY KEY (user_id,unique_key) USING BTREE,
ADD KEY view_date (view_date) USING BTREE;

Pulling what little I have left out over this! Thought it was going to be a nice quick server swap!

Any help really is greatly appreciated

Did you delete or truncate the tables in your database before you tried the second import?

I've tried to import so many times, but still the same issue. Before each import and remove the database and then reset it back up again.

I've just cleared the entire vps and starting from scratch again to see if I have any joy that way.

Looks like i've managed to get the database to import after reinstalling everything. Only issue now is that when I navigate to my forum it just says

setupAutoloader($fileDir . '/library'); XenForo_Application::initialize($fileDir . '/library', $fileDir); XenForo_Application::set('page_start_time', $startTime); $fc = new XenForo_FrontController(new XenForo_Dependencies_Public()); $fc->run();

This is what I get when I view source

<?php

$startTime = microtime(true);
$fileDir = dirname(FILE);

require($fileDir . '/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php');
XenForo_Autoloader::getInstance()->setupAutoloader($fileDir . '/library');

XenForo_Application::initialize($fileDir . '/library', $fileDir);
XenForo_Application::set('page_start_time', $startTime);

$fc = new XenForo_FrontController(new XenForo_Dependencies_Public());
$fc->run();

Any idea what might be casuing this or what I need to do?

Ok, think i've finally got there!

So far database is all installed and resolved the above issue by installing apache2.4

My site loaded up however when I logged in I was greeted by a blank pager after. I managed to naviagte to mysite/install and rebuild master data. I'm now also able to get into the admin cp. Server error pointed me int he direction of a widget error, which I manged to resolve. So far all seems to be running fine now!

Top Bottom