XF 1.4 An unexpected database error occurred

Exemption

Alright let me tell you the whole story. Last night I wanted to get the Ban Management Plugin for my server (Minecraft) and for my Website (it shows all punishments from the server). Anyways I was going to set it up for mysteriarealms.com/banmanager for the Ban Management. All is going well untill I cant set up the server, all the Admin Panels for it are working but its not connecting to the server, it was asking for my database username and stuff... (PS I use GoDaddy Hosting) Anyways I start up my server as it connects to the database, then my website stops working. It give me the "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later." ERROR when I try to go to mysteriarealms.com (the home page [XenForo]) and I try other links, nothing seems to be working. BUT, when I went to mysteriarealms.com/banmanager (The Ban Management System) it was working, so I knew that the whole Database wasnt broken or it was an error with XenForo. Anyways after being on a few calls with tech support (GoDaddy) they said it was probably the Index.php file or something (Dont really know whats wrong) so I deleted ALL the BanManagement Files (Located at public_html/banmanager) but that didnt seem to fix anything. I ask please that if anyone can help, please comment below or message me! Xenforo Staff, if you want to look at the problem please feel free to PM me :)
BH2u8eM.png
**Please know, I do know that this is not dealing with the maximum users looking at my site/accessing my SQL at the same time, as It would need 350+ people doing it at the same time for that. I have also have not come close to the maximum storage so it is not that!**

If you think that you might know the problem or need me to post pictures of my files, feel free.

Also I think it might deal with something wrong in the Public_Html file so if you have any ideas, let me know! :D

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
<!-- Access denied for user 'mysteriarealms_u'@'localhost' (using password: YES) --> when I inspect element

That error means that user does not have access permissions for the DB that you have configured in config.php.
If you have changed the username/password of the DB, then you need to put the correct information in the config.php. If you don't remember what it is, then you need to assign it via the cPanel configuration (don't use cPanel any more for a long time so don't remember exactly where that is).

The config.php is in the root/library (in your case, probably public_html/library if you are running your forum in the root).

The red root is the base directory of your web server.

Top Bottom