1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 An Option to View Members Reading a Thread?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by imno007, Jun 24, 2013.

1. imno007

imno007 Active Member

Just curious. I've gotten used to this, having used SMF for the last several years: an option for the admin to allow members to see others members reading a thread either by username or just number of viewers. Is there a similar option somewhere in Xenforo that I haven't found yet?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's no option in XenForo but I have written an add-on for it. There's no current release date for that yet but should be soon.

Matthew Hawley and imno007 like this.
  3. imno007

imno007 Active Member

Thanks for the quick reply, Chris. I'll keep an eye out for your addon, hopefully you'll be able to release it soon. I'm finding that it's often the little features we take for granted that Xenforo is missing, not "deal-breakers" for the most part, but they're things you miss when they're gone. ;)

4. mistypants

mistypants Well-Known Member

I'm sure Chris's will be great once it's released, but if you want something in the meanwhile, [DBTech] Users Viewing Thread still works fine.

imno007 likes this.
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah that's probably fine.

Mine does a lot more than that and displays the info differently.

But yeah. Dbtech stuff is good.

6. imno007

imno007 Active Member

Thanks, but I'm using 1.2 already, so I have my doubts, since some people were already claiming it didn't work for them on earlier versions, and the developer is apparently MIA.

7. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

cutmypic.png

Chris D likes this.
  8. racersimage

racersimage Active Member

Is this still in the works Chris?

OperaManiac likes this.