An era comes to an end...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello dear ones,
after some private problems, I've reconsidered my life.
I have been programming for 20 years.

Started in the freeware scene with Windows Tools. Tools like DIManager or ExtMan. The many magazines were very positively received. I went from Delphi to PHP.

Many years I wrote Add-Ons for vB and xenForo. Maintained large and small forums. It was a nice time. But also lonely time.

In this year, everything changed. I was looking for a new job in a whole different industry. Found one. Unfortunately limited for one year. But I hope it will continue afterwards.

However, I won't come back to programming.

It took me almost 2 months to figure that out. It is not easy.
Many great people have met me in this time. You helped me. Who support me with their ideas.

Should there be serious problems with my Add-Ons, whether active or inactive license. I will try to fix this.

Otherwise. It was nice with you... Thank you very much. Make it good.

My special thanks go to: Freelancer, McAtze, sbj Nirjonadda, SyTry, otto, developr, Terror,

and xenForo who have come up with some great software, and all the others I've forgotten now :( MANY THANKS

I'm sorry I don't have better news for all my users!

Last edited:
Sad to hear that you won't be with us anymore.
It was an honor to be a customer of yours. Probably the best active developer I came across here on XF.
We will miss you definitely. Wish you the best.

I wish the very best for you moving forward and I hope you find joy and happiness in life!

@au lait I understand probably better than most the need to make changes in your life when facing health issues.

However, it would be a very great shame to see all your great addons disappear completely. Have you thought about passing them along to another developer to continue?
I second this. Would love to see the addons continue on but understand if they don't.

However, it would be a very great shame to see all your great addons disappear completely. Have you thought about passing them along to another developer to continue?
I haven't thought about it seriously yet...
But is surely a good solution for all users.
Had thought of some developers here, who I have noticed very positively over the years. But I don't know if they are interested.

I haven't thought about it seriously yet...
Had thought of some developers here, who I have noticed very positively over the years. But I don't know if they are interested.
My guess is that there would be interest in at least some of them, or it may be that a few developers could each take over some of them.

I'm pretty sure there are developers who are interested in your very good and well known addons, at least those with unique selling points (to name just two: SEO and Link Directory).

Maybe developers have already contacted you and/or you are in talks. I keep my fingers crossed for all of us that you find a solution and will agree. That way at least your legacy would remain here on Xenforo.

I wish you all the best and much success on your new stage of life. May the time limit be changed into a permanent position and may your professional dreams come true! It is extremely pitiful that you are no longer part of the Xenforo community, your support and addons were unique.

Many thanks and all the best, @au lait

Maybe developers have already contacted you and/or you are in talks. I keep my fingers crossed for all of us that you find a solution and will agree. That way at least your legacy would remain here on Xenforo.
No, so far no one has expressed an interest.

I wish you all the best and much success on your new stage of life. May the time limit be changed into a permanent position and may your professional dreams come true! It is extremely pitiful that you are no longer part of the Xenforo community, your support and addons were unique.
Thank you very much, sir.

I ask one developer but said they prefer work with own code and not someone else code

Last edited:

Please make sure that if this is the direction you elect to go in, that you somehow grandfather in your current customers from being price gouged by the new developer.

I have been burned twice now where I had close to a year until renewal and the new developer changed a few lines of code and tried re-charging everyone for the "new" resource, even users who had 11 months left until renewal.

Hmm, I would disagree. Not that this may be too apt in this thread, but he quoted me £2k for add-ons which were less than £200.. and I had them adjusted from XF1 to XF2 for £150.
Don't want to hijack the thread but as I have said bazillion times in the private conversation we had before I charge on hourly basis and your 4 add-ons would have taken me somewhere around 60 hours or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom