Amazon SES questions

There is no explanation of what the impact is on Amazon SES "free tier" users after August 1, 2024.
In a nutshell... it looks like after 08/2023 the current free tier disappears?
But it looks like the revised one remains? Their email is rather confusing in nature. They do state that their revised "free tier" allows sending from more sources for the "free" cost from my reading... but they don't state that all free tiers end 08/2024. I have a feeling the revised one will still be active, just with reduced send limits.

Reactions: GW2
It means since they are changing the tier, they are giving you a restart on Aug 1 so you get it for a full year from the date of the change (Aug 1). Free tier has always been 12 months with some always-free features available.

Reactions: GW2
Just set up SES on my forum.

I changed the email transport method to SES, verified outgoing email to be working and verified contact form to be working

I changed the bounce email id and changed that connection to ses.
Disabled XF DKIM signing (read in another thread) and enabled the feedback forwarding in SES.

Just wanted to check if I set this up correctly and/or am I missing anything.

1705836654134.webp

1705836621203.webp

That looks like it should work. You might want to try sending a message using https://www.mail-tester.com/ and the XF "Test outbound email" tool.

Mail-tester showed a 10/10.

But I did get this error.

• Laminas\Mail\Protocol\Exception\RuntimeException: Bounce connection error: host doesn't allow connection
  • src/vendor/laminas/laminas-mail/src/Protocol/Imap.php:101

Stack trace​

#0 src/vendor/laminas/laminas-mail/src/Protocol/Imap.php(45): Laminas\Mail\Protocol\Imap->connect('email-smtp.us-e...', 587, 'tls')
#1 src/XF/Mail/Storage/Imap.php(28): Laminas\Mail\Protocol\Imap->__construct('email-smtp.us-e...', 587, 'TLS')
#2 src/XF/EmailBounce/Processor.php(256): XF\Mail\Storage\Imap::setupFromHandler(Array)
#3 src/XF/SubContainer/Bounce.php(15): XF\EmailBounce\Processor::getDefaultBounceHandlerStorage(Object(XF\Pub\App))
#4 src/XF/Container.php(31): XF\SubContainer\Bounce->XF\SubContainer\{closure}(Object(XF\Container))
#5 src/XF/SubContainer/Bounce.php(43): XF\Container->offsetGet('storage')
#6 src/XF/Job/EmailBounce.php(20): XF\SubContainer\Bounce->storage()
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\EmailBounce->run(8)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#10 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#11 {main}

So I changed the bounce to my mail.site id for now

Top Bottom