Resource icon

Amazon SES Bounces Support 2021-03-19

No permission to download
I checked the emails that are being sent out by this and they do not have a list-unsubscribe header. So people sending out more than 5k emails per month with this are going to start having all their emails sent to spam.
What emails is this add-on sending?

Oh, I was incorrectly thinking that this addon was doing the complete SES integration, but you're right, it only handles bounces and thus shouldn't be related to list-unsubscribe headers.

The only way it's related is because XF v2.2.13 doesn't enable the headers if you're using this addon, but v2.2.14+ seems to.

@MattW since you're on the latest version, can you check the headers?

The only way it's related is because XF v2.2.13 doesn't enable the headers if you're using this addon, but v2.2.14+ seems to.

It's not related at all. XF doesn't enable or disable outbound email headers if you're using this addon or not. XF had functionality for this addon well before 2.2.14.
I think you're quite confused about what this addon does and how it's triggered/utilised. It has nothing to do with XF's 2.2.15 added functionality for list-unsubscribe headers.

This is what the v2.13 admin panel option looks like:
v2.13.webp

This is what the 2.14+ panel looks like:

You can see in 2.14+ they enabled the option for the headers without creating and using a custom bounce-email, which is what this addon lets you avoid:

automated handler.webp

Oh, I guess technically, even in 2.13 you could put any email address there and it would enable the headers but you'd have to manually unsubscribe them. I never tested that or found a setup guide that covered it.

Last edited:
It's true that I forgot previously that this addon doesn't send out any emails, it only handles the bounces & unsubscribes, but I just upgraded to XF v2.15 and confirmed what I put in my last two posts:

I now have the new Unsubscribe email handling options and Send unsubscribe requests via HTTP is checked by default and my emails now have the list-unsubscribe headers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom