Am I this active or...?

Grover

I just took a look at my statistics here:

600.webp

600 messages!!! How is that possible? It took me 9 years to post 4.000 (3.999 to be precise) messages on vb.com, and it has taken me 4 weeks (28 days) to come up with 600 messages here?!! This amount can not be right, is it? :):confused:

View attachment 1256

600 messages!!! How is that possible? It took me 9 years to post 4.000 (3.999 to be precise) messages on vb.com, and it has taken me 4 weeks (28 days) to come up with 600 messages here?!! This amount can not be right, is it? :):confused:

yeah, XF is very sticky.

However, I think we should cool down ourselves a bit in order to give the developers more time to focus on coding than having them read all of our posts.
I guess they have collected enough feedback now from the community and they clearly know now what webmasters are expecting of the XF-software.

I know, it is very hard to stop using XF..... no idea of how to limit myself from posting.
But we need to think of Kier + Mike and give them the opportunity for a bit more sleep and relaxation.

Is it this sticky or is it just the excitement of something new? Perhaps a bit of both?

Just playing devils advocate ;)

I have about 1600 messages here, granted that 100-200 of them are basically offtopic, i would have to say that this software makes it easy to be active. Communities will really thrive if the admins choose this software for their platform.

I think the post rate will really settle down. Just because you've got 600 posts in 4 weeks doesn't mean you'll keep getting 600 posts every 4 weeks... You can already tell the forums are slowing down quite a bit. But I agree, it's had quite amazing growth. :)

View attachment 1256

I have about 5,000 on vBcom (or somewhere up there) and it took me just as long as you to get there. Here I'm already at nearly 1,100 and counting up fast. :p

I think the post rate will really settle down. Just because you've got 600 posts in 4 weeks doesn't mean you'll keep getting 600 posts every 4 weeks... You can already tell the forums are slowing down quite a bit. But I agree, it's had quite amazing growth. :)
Depends on how many bugs there are to post :D

View attachment 1256

No, you're just playing with something that's new. And even on vBcom you've been very active the last year convincing them that their practices are malice and their decisions ridiculous. Thankfully on this site it's more positive.

As stated in another related thread, I'm sure part of the reason is down to the software being in it's infancy but I feel it's because (stated already) that Devs are listening, and more importantly the community are bouncing ideas of each other and getting along. Although alot of us are not new to forums alot of the experienced are new (including myself) being in an environment where you are listened to and brainstorming amongst us doesn't result in bickering and arguing but often met with a solution. It's all good stuff when you feel your voice is being heard and you can see the effects showing though high productivity.

I think it's the software itself - not the discussion about it, the software. Like someone said, it's "sticky." I find myself checking back here anytime I've got five minutes to kill. Maybe I have an alert! Maybe someone liked my post! And if there are no alerts, I figure I had better get cracking and post some more because - no posting, no alerts. It's an extremely effective positive-reinforcement system.

I've been on vB since somewhere around 2006 and I think I have maybe 300 posts there, and I loved that software and the vB board vibe, right up until the regime change - so it's not just that I love the software, or just that I enjoy talking about software. And I'm not even using the software yet, so none of these posts are of a "how the hell do I do this?" nature.

In 7 and a half years I have wracked up 680 posts at my usual Forum Software site - I have 200 odd in 2 weeks here :D hehehehe

Got to say I love this software to actually use, the UX is fantastic!

On my own site I have 6700 posts though :p

Top Bottom