1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always Show/Insert every image as full size

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by CRDeveloper, Jun 22, 2011.

1. CRDeveloper

CRDeveloper Member

Hello, I've been setting up an install that has a database imported from vb, I like to display images as Full Size but I cant find the option to Always Show/Insert every image as full size even if the post is old or new.

Is there an option to always have full sized images in post by default?

I don't have problems with bandwidth or disk space and members now that they need a least 512kb connections to surf my website as a requirement.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's no option for that. The attachments will have to be inserted into the post with the controls we provide.

3. CRDeveloper

CRDeveloper Member

So it has to be done manually? for older and new post?

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Correct.

5. CRDeveloper

CRDeveloper Member

Thanks Mike!

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you wanted to update all exisiting posts, then I suppose you could run an SQL query to replace [attach] with [attach=full].

That wouldn't help with new posts though.

7. CRDeveloper

CRDeveloper Member

Oh man that would be great, could you please help me with the query? This is my second day with XenForo :unsure:

8. Brogan

This should do it:

Code:
    UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message,'[ATTACH]','[ATTACH=full]')
    Make sure you take a backup first though, just in case.

9. CRDeveloper

CRDeveloper Member

Thanks, Ill try this right now

10. Brogan

Note that will only work for any attachments which are currently displayed as thumbnails using the attach tag.

11. CRDeveloper

CRDeveloper Member

2413 row(s) affected. ( Query took 3.2955 sec ) tested and it worked!
    0 row(s) affected. ( Query took 2.8499 sec ) second time.

Thanks Brogan

12. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

I would like to see an option to exclude the posting of images as thumbnails. We don't want them on the forum. And what's worse, by default images get posted as thumbnails! On a photo-based forum, this sucks.

So now we have to go chasing after every thumbnail that's posted and/or educate the forum users, which is a royal pain.

13. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

Dont know if you have seen this: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/turn-off-thumbnail-posting.23341/#post-292731

sđa likes this.