1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insert every image as a...

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by steven s, Dec 4, 2010.

1. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I think the Insert every image as a... should be in the user's settings, rather than the reply.

I'm assuming if you choose one or the other, you will not have the option the next time.
    Or maybe I just don't understand the intent?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's per-post functionality.

Each time you attach some images, for each post you have the option of leaving them as attachments, embedding them as thumbnails or embedding them as full images.

3. steven s

That part I understand. Guess I don't follow why it's twice.
    screen.png

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try attaching 10 images and then it will make more sense :)

5. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

I suggest that this block ("Insert every image as a...") appear only when you have attached 2 or more than 2 images. No point in displaying it when all you've uploaded are non-image files.

dutchbb, Defqon and steven s like this.
  6. steven s

Gotcha. When it said every, I took it to mean this and every thread thereafter.

7. Floris

Floris Guest

Well, attaching images to a post is .. for that post. Why would it be for every thread?

8. steven s

I thought is would be for future posts too. I read too much into it.

9. Floris

Floris Guest

Yeah, got that, but just saying since you are in a thread, and have a quick reply .. and click on "upload a file" and then get it .. that it's a 'for this moment' function, so shouldn't have to read into it.

Clicking more options also doesn't force more options for every thread thereafter.

But I understand the confusion :)