XF 1.4 Always go to last unread post

Is there a way, when clicking on the thread title to always go to /unread, or ie the last unread post instead of the first post?

I know for the most part, it does go to the last unread post. However, this behavior is short lived.

Is the reason why it doesn't always do this, is because "Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days)" is set to a lower number (30)?

Is the reason why it doesn't always do this, is because "Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days)" is set to a lower number (30)?

Correct.

But if you raise this number it will work as you want, but the problem is it's often nice to read the first post if you have not seen the thread for many months to understand what the original post is about.

Correct.

But if you raise this number it will work as you want, but the problem is it's often nice to read the first post if you have not seen the thread for many months to understand what the original post is about.

Thanks for the clarification Andy. I wonder what the effect is if I raised that all the way to 365 days.

Thanks for the clarification Andy. I wonder what the effect is if I raised that all the way to 365 days.

I have done that, but as I said one tends to forget what the thread is about and you need to go to post #1 to help remind yourself what the thread is about. So the 30 day default really is the best.

it's often nice to read the first post if you have not seen the thread for many months to understand what the original post is about
Is there a way to have the original post set as sticky on every thread page?
Wonder if it would help people remain on topic :D

Top Bottom