1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Alternative to "Viewing unknown page" phrase on current visitors page

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by xf_phantom, Dec 11, 2013.

1. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

It would be nice, if the admins would get a better message (e.g.the controllername) instead of the default "viewing unknown page" phrase on the current visitors page.

Once you have several addons, it's really hard to find the controller without a custom getSessionActivityDetailsForList function causing this message.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    Daniel Hood and Amaury like this.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Current Visitors isn't an unknown page, though. The activity phrase for it is, "Viewing list of online users."

3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you are viewing a page that doesn't define the session activity, it displays "Viewing Unknown Page." The suggestion has nothing to do with the phrase for when you are viewing the page.

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Well, that I understand, but Current Visitors does define session activity, doesn't it?

5. xf_phantom

I mean
    fat.png

Amaury likes this.
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying. I thought you were talking about the activity for the page, not activity shown on it.

Yeah, you'd also see that on their member card / profile. Do you know what page they were viewing?

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The whole point of this suggestion is to reveal what page they were viewing so that the add-on can implement the proper functionality to display the current activity.

Daniel Hood, xf_phantom and Amaury like this.
  8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

In that case, it gets a like from me.

9. xf_phantom

A possible solution would be to implement it into http://xenforo.com/community/threads/add-template-title-to-debuginfo.57480/ (if such cool debugbar make it ever into the core:D )

Replacing the current code with
    PHP:
      public static function getSessionActivityDetailsForList(array $activities)
      {
      if (
    XenForo_Application::debugMode()){
      return 
    'getSessionActivityDetailsForList not implemented in ' get_called_class();
      }
      return 
    parent::getSessionActivityDetailsForList($activities);
      }
    would also be a HUGE improvement:p

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014