Alternative to Paypal ?

Jean-Baptiste

Have you got an alternative to paypal, where you can receive payements easily, without getting your real name known.

On Moneybookers, you can't hide your name easily, and when a member create an account it's taking few days before they can make the payement.

Regards.

Moneybookers is skrill now.
Playspan is a good payment gateway for communities. It offers 100+ payment methods. There is no XenForo addon though.
Western Union Pay is a nice one as well. Its Western Unions rival for Paypal.

Have you got an alternative to paypal, where you can receive payements easily, without getting your real name known.

On Moneybookers, you can't hide your name easily, and when a member create an account it's taking few days before they can make the payement.

Regards.
@Adam Howard probably has a good answer to this.

Hide your real name? Why does this feel like fraud of some kind?
Sorry, I can only think of bit coin. Although I've never found much value in it.

Best alternative I can think of and would be good for XenForo (@Mike)

2Checkout
https://www.2checkout.com

Accepts payments from every major credit card, debit card, pre-paid card, gift card, e-check, wire transfer, and even paypal support

Best of all... World-wide support. Doesn't matter if your customer is in America, UK, India, Russia, Ukrainian, China, Japan, ect....

Hide your real name? Why does this feel like fraud of some kind?
Sorry, I can only think of bit coin. Although I've never found much value in it.

2Checkout

Accepts payments from every major credit card, debit card, pre-paid card, gift card, e-check, wire transfer, and even paypal support

Best of all... World-wide support. Doesn't matter if your customer is in America, UK, India, Russia, Ukrainian, China, Japan, ect....

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look to that.

BTW, I just want to sell under my organization name, it's not to fraud ^^

That's something you should be able to do with most payment gateways ..... 2Checkout allows you to do this as well.

Yes, but as an example, on Skrills, you need to send them some proof, and on paypal they are not asking anything if you sell under a business name.

How is it working at 2Checkout ?

Yes, but as an example, on Skrills, you need to send them some proof, and on paypal they are not asking anything if you sell under a business name.

How is it working at 2Checkout ?
I've been a member of 2Checkout since their early days, before when you had to pay to be a member (its free now). I don't recall ever having to submit documentation.

2Checkout

Just LOL! 2CO is still living in the last century with their outdated payment options.
2CO does not support a large number of popular payment methods.
How about mobile payments? Half the net is on mobile now. They need to be able to pay with their phone credit.
How about online bank transfer? That's the main payment method in 30 countries. 2CO doesn't support any of them.
Debit Cards? Asides from the US ones, where are Carte Blue, Mister Cash, Postepay and vpay?
Credit Cards? Asides from the US ones where are Carta Si, Cabal, Dankort, Euro6000, Hipercard, Italcred?
How about the 19 major e-wallets? In various countries such e-wallets are the main online payment option.
Gift cards & vouchers? How about 7-eleven, cashU, myCard, OneCard, Oxxo, Paysafecard, UKash?

A good payment service provider will allow your customer to use most of the payment methods above. This will allow you to receive more payments.

You do have to go through their acceptance process which is not easy to get through BTW. But that's the case with many PSPs.

Just an FYI - Western Union screams scam to many, basically because that's exactly what it's used for. I'd never buy from anyone using it, that's for sure.

Just an FYI - Western Union screams scam to many, basically because that's exactly what it's used for. I'd never buy from anyone using it, that's for sure.

And how do you consider it a scam? Been around longer than any of the other money exchange services by far :D. It's actually an extremely easy way to send funds. Sure I use to see fraudulent Western Union checks often at the bank but that wasn't Western Unions Fault by any means. It's simply some scam artist reprinting fake checks with their name on it which happens to all institutions.

If I were to send you money via Western Union, you could walk into any pick-up location and walk out with the cash in hand, literally zero fallback on you(buyer just needs to realize there's no charge-back process/refund unless the recipient agrees to send it back).

Top Bottom