Alternative to PayPal - but can receive payement from paypal users

Jean-Baptiste

Hello,

Since I was under 18 when I made a paypal account, I am now banned from their.

I would like to know a decent alternative to paypal with the following criterias :
  • I live in France - it needs to allow French people to create accounts
  • And it would be amazing if it allows to receive payements from paypal accounts
Best regards.

Hello,

Since I was under 18 when I made a paypal account, I am now banned from their.

I would like to know a decent alternative to paypal with the following criterias :
  • I live in France - it needs to allow French people to create accounts
  • And it would be amazing if it allows to receive payements from paypal accounts
Best regards.
2Checkout is your answer (they also will process paypal payments)

When I tried to signup for that, you had to be a legitimate business.

I've talked to their support before. They do not do personal accounts like Paypal does. So unless that has changed . . .
If you not a registered business or media outlet, you could technically try as as "sole proprietor" and for your company identification number, you would enter your own personal identification number.

But I personally would recommend registering and not stick with a "sole proprietorship".

Well there is that, but also there is the liability.

I think that one takes a higher presidency than having to deal with the different tax bracket.
Of course. Of course... One mistake, you're liable for whatever dispute that went on.

The tax bracket is another thing, but being taxed as a sole proprietor is a little dangerous, your Personal Identication Number is like your SSN (socials), so a better practice is to set up a company, use the EIN, and not be liable for "damages" to your customers or be taxed as individual.

Of course. Of course... One mistake, you're liable for whatever dispute that went on.

The tax bracket is another thing, but being taxed as a sole proprietor is a little dangerous, your Personal Identication Number is like your SSN (socials), so a better practice is to set up a company, use the EIN, and not be liable for "damages" to your customers or be taxed as individual.
As said (though in fewer words).

I had a 2Checkout account and was self-employed at the time. I don't recommend them though, they were absolute rubbish and from what I gather, are no better these days.

Top Bottom