1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative to PayPal - but can receive payement from paypal users

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by allewreK, Feb 24, 2014.

1. allewreK

allewreK Active Member

Since I was under 18 when I made a paypal account, I am now banned from their.

I would like to know a decent alternative to paypal with the following criterias :
    • I live in France - it needs to allow French people to create accounts
    • And it would be amazing if it allows to receive payements from paypal accounts
    Best regards.
  2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

2Checkout is your answer (they also will process paypal payments)
  3. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

When I tried to signup for that, you had to be a legitimate business.

I've talked to their support before. They do not do personal accounts like Paypal does. So unless that has changed . . .
    SneakyDave likes this.
  4. Adam Howard

If you not a registered business or media outlet, you could technically try as as "sole proprietor" and for your company identification number, you would enter your own personal identification number.

But I personally would recommend registering and not stick with a "sole proprietorship".
  5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

An FYI to everyone: Reason for this is that you'll be tax'ed as exactly that; sole proprietor.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  6. Adam Howard

Well there is that, but also there is the liability.

I think that one takes a higher presidency than having to deal with the different tax bracket.
  7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Of course. Of course... One mistake, you're liable for whatever dispute that went on.

The tax bracket is another thing, but being taxed as a sole proprietor is a little dangerous, your Personal Identication Number is like your SSN (socials), so a better practice is to set up a company, use the EIN, and not be liable for "damages" to your customers or be taxed as individual.
  8. Adam Howard

As said (though in fewer words).
    Carlos likes this.
  9. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

'Kay. :D
  10. allewreK

allewreK Active Member

Is there any other alternative than 2Checkout ?
  11. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

There is one, but it's Indonesian based so it not suitable for you. :)
  12. vbresults

vbresults Well-Known Member

13. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

I had a 2Checkout account and was self-employed at the time. I don't recommend them though, they were absolute rubbish and from what I gather, are no better these days.