Alternative to a Wiki?

Trix

Hey all, I recently purchased VaultWiki (Last night lol) but immediately i'm feeling out of my depth getting things setup nicely, and just in general using a wiki, at no fault of the software.

Is there any alternative to a wiki out there? I'm looking to create a section on my site where people can find basically a catalogue of information. Such as biographies on people, detailed information about a product. All very much like a wiki i guess, just much more user friendly and easier to make

Hope this makes sense :)

Don't let yourself get caught up in "how to make it nice." Every wiki starts out as one single page and more are added as you go. You can improve any page later when you have a new idea. One of the main aspects of a wiki is that it lets you figure out how you want things to work together as you build it. You don't need a perfect (or really any) blueprint to get started. If your wiki will truly be simple -- or even if it won't -- just start writing!

Don't try to learn advanced features until you know you need one. Then ask "is there a feature for x" and chances are there will be.

I saw you asking about templates in another thread. Most wikis don't need them starting out and a lot never end up needing them. Just one example ---

So keep your workflow simple and you will love your wiki.

Top Bottom