Alternative smilies option?

jt2011

We use different size smilies and the drop down in the menu is having a hard time with these.
are there any alternative options or methods for displaying available smilies in the post form area?

thank you!

is there a way to disable the existing smiley drop down so that it doesnt confuse users with the new one underneath?

You'll want to keep that available. The dc smiley manager as well as the happyplace will not work fully on mobiles so the xf dropdownmenu is good for a fallback for mobile users. It shouldn't/won't confuse people tbh it's prity hard not to notice the DC smiley manager if that's the smiley manager you are going to use which is the one I strongly recommend you to use.

You'll want to keep that available. The dc smiley manager as well as the happyplace will not work fully on mobiles so the xf dropdownmenu is good for a fallback for mobile users. It shouldn't/won't confuse people tbh it's prity hard not to notice the DC smiley manager if that's the smiley manager you are going to use which is the one I strongly recommend you to use.

ok
thank you for the info
much appreciated

Hey Shelley, Do you have any special CSS tricks to give the Smilies tab a bit more "presence"
Capture_10062012_183315.webp

Hey Shelley, Do you have any special CSS tricks to give the Smilies tab a bit more "presence"
View attachment 35248

Actually i do but it's not exactly a good workaround because if you apply a background-color it will fill the whole line. I'll just go and grab my workaround for that from my site. Plus I had to define a set width I'll post in a second if i still have it in the extra.css

View attachment 35248

You may have to change the width to your preferences depending on how long your smiley category titles are and of course adjust the colour, font-sizes etc to your preference.

Code:
.dc_smileymanager_stickContainer {
    border-bottom-left-radius: 9px;
    border-bottom-right-radius: 9px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    text-align: center;
    width: 202px !important;
    background-color: white;
}

.dc_smileymanager_stickContainer a {
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 16px !important;
    font-family: helvetica;
}

tab-styling.webp

You may have to change the width to your preferences depending on how long your smiley category titles are and of course adjust the colour, font-sizes etc to your preference.

Code:
.dc_smileymanager_stickContainer {
    border-bottom-left-radius: 9px;
    border-bottom-right-radius: 9px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    text-align: center;
    width: 202px !important;
    background-color: white;
}

.dc_smileymanager_stickContainer a {
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 16px !important;