• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

alternate sidebar: members online now

ok but the current (default) users online block shows me online already as well as in the staff online box. Can this code be altered so that I appear in there too? If not then that's fine...!

ok but the current (default) users online block shows me online already as well as in the staff online box. Can this code be altered so that I appear in there too? If not then that's fine...!
i will be redoing this for xf 1.0.0. i will include a note on how to make it function like that as well.

Great little edit thanks dieketzer ... would it be possible to not show people you follow in the members online, seems redundant to me to have them in both places.

it only shows people you follow once, in the 'ppl you follow' bit. it doesnt (or shouldnt) show them again.

The timestamp is appended to the URL to identify when an avatar changes.

Is this an important function within XenForo? Just going through speeding up the site and noticed this:
http://code.google.com/speed/page-speed/docs/caching.html#LeverageProxyCaching

Most proxies, most notably Squid up through version 3.0, do not cache resources with a "?" in their URL even if a Cache-control: public header is present in the response. To enable proxy caching for these resources, remove query strings from references to static resources, and instead encode the parameters into the file names themselves.
There is a lot of things browsers don't like about this mod including the html resizing of images. I know this isn't too much of a load problem but it exists.

Thanks for the reply Brogan. My members can't live without this now that it is up so there isn't much I can do. :D

ive updated this for xf 1.01
two things have changed:
-fixed an issue that caused some staff members to appear twice
-invisible users now display to admins/mods as a semi-transparent avatar

the changes are reflected in the first and second posts.

if you want admins and moderators to be shown in both the staff online section as well as the members online section:
change this line:
Code:
<xen:if is="!{$user.followed} && !{$user.is_moderator} && !{$user.is_admin}">
like so:
Code:
<xen:if is="!{$user.followed}">
in sidebar_online_users and also wf_widget_online_users (if you use the widget framework addon)

I can not see myself as online. It says 9 members online, me included, but it only shows 8 members, me excluded. Any way to let me (as staff) appear too? When using the default sidebar, my name does appear together with the other names.

I can not see myself as online. It says 9 members online, me included, but it only shows 8 members, me excluded. Any way to let me (as staff) appear too? When using the default sidebar, my name does appear together with the other names.
if you want admins and moderators to be shown in both the staff online section as well as the members online section:
change this line:
Code:
<xen:if is="!{$user.followed} && !{$user.is_moderator} && !{$user.is_admin}">
like so:
Code:
<xen:if is="!{$user.followed}">
in sidebar_online_users and also wf_widget_online_users (if you use the widget framework addon)

Top Bottom