Alter Ego Detector

Alter Ego Detector 1.7.8

No permission to download

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

Alter Ego Detector - Flush out the fakers!

Presenting, the Alter Ego detector by Liam W!

This AE detector used a cookie to detect multiple accounts. The cookie lasts for either a year, or until the user clears their cookies.

You can have a AE detection notify your staff via either a PC or a new thread or both.

The check is performed during the login process, and the user won't even notice anything is different if they're using an AE.

Read more about this resource...

Awesome, thank you for sharing this openly @Liam W

Does this also work as a prevention tool or just to detect current multiple accounts?

Awesome, thank you for sharing this openly @Liam W

Does this also work as a prevention tool or just to detect current multiple accounts?

It only detects them currently. I may add a way to automatically ban detected accounts in the future as well though.

Preventing them would be easy to add in, so I may do that as well :)

It only detects them currently. I may add a way to automatically ban detected accounts in the future as well though.

Awesome, will keep an eye out for this. Thanks again.

I need to stop speaking to soon...

I have just created a test account on my site and i got no blocks stopping me from registering and no threads created to say another account had been created :s

I have just created a test account on my site and i got no blocks stopping me from registering and no threads created to say another account had been created :s

1. Did you enable thread posting and or blocking in options?
2. Did you configure the options correctly?
3. Had you logged into two accounts with this installed - the cookie is set during login.

Registration blocking as an option, right?

Of course :)

1. Did you enable thread posting and or blocking in options?
2. Did you configure the options correctly?
3. Had you logged into two accounts with this installed - the cookie is set during login.

Yes for 1 and 2...
I had one account created and had logged in as normal and i created another account and it let me do it, even though its set to block. :s

Yes for 1 and 2...
I had one account created and had logged in as normal and i created another account and it let me do it, even though its set to block. :s

Are you doing it in incognito/clearing your cookies?

Watch this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It would be nice to get reports in the report center. This would allow the report to be assigned, resolved or rejected / ignored.

Please add a function to let moderators ignore further reports about a user.

Thanks for adding the feature I requested. What does the add-on do to those who have multiple accounts? For instance, is there a tool to add the dupes to a moderation queue and remove? From the video I gather that the admin gets the same treatment as a user. Could it be possible to allow certain user groups bypass the detection?

@Liam W

Thanks for adding the feature I requested. What does the add-on do to those who have multiple accounts? For instance, is there a tool to add the dupes to a moderation queue and remove? From the video I gather that the admin gets the same treatment as a user. Could it be possible to allow certain user groups bypass the detection?

@Liam W

Currently the system checks whether or not the cookie is set when the registration form is going to be displayed and displays an error if it is found.

I could add a permission to skip the setting of the cookie.

I tried to implement add to moderation queue, and most of the code is there, but I couldn't get it to work - the cookie was always returning null :/

Hi @Liam W, unfortunately this happens when I activate the addon:

Code:
XenForo_Exception: No controller response from XenForo_ControllerPublic_Login::actionLogin - library/XenForo/FrontController.php:455
Generated By: user, Az önce
Stack Trace

#0 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(345): XenForo_FrontController->_handleControllerResponse(NULL, 'XenForo_Control...', 'Login')
#1 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#2 /home/user/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#3 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(33) "http://www.siteadress.net/login/login"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(6) {
    ["login"] => string(7) "user"
    ["register"] => string(1) "0"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["redirect"] => string(22) "http://www.siteadress.net/"

The user is redirected to the /login/login page and promt a message: "an error occured, go back and refresh your page"

Hi @Liam W, unfortunately this happens when I activate the addon:

Code:
XenForo_Exception: No controller response from XenForo_ControllerPublic_Login::actionLogin - library/XenForo/FrontController.php:455
Generated By: user, Az önce
Stack Trace

#0 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(345): XenForo_FrontController->_handleControllerResponse(NULL, 'XenForo_Control...', 'Login')
#1 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#2 /home/user/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#3 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(33) "http://www.siteadress.net/login/login"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(6) {
    ["login"] => string(7) "user"
    ["register"] => string(1) "0"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["redirect"] => string(22) "http://www.siteadress.net/"

The user is redirected to the /login/login page and promt a message: "an error occured, go back and refresh your page"

Hmm, must've forgotten a return somewhere...

I'll look into it tomorrow. Right now, I'm multiplying matrices then going to bed.

Also, its midnight in <20 minutes ;)

Hmm, must've forgotten a return somewhere...

I'll look into it tomorrow. Right now, I'm multiplying matrices then going to bed.

Also, its midnight in <20 minutes ;)

Done that myself - ages ago - (:
Have a good undisturbed sleep.

Top Bottom