Alter Ego Detector

Alter Ego Detector 1.7.8

No permission to download
I'll look into 1.4 compatibility tonight/over the weekend :)

Liam
Thanks, I think most of us are getting the same error which has been posted.
Also out of the 2 testers i had testing it, only one of them got reported, and that came through as a double reports.
See what you can do

I'll look into 1.4 compatibility tonight/over the weekend :)

Liam
Thanks, i am having major problems with ex members creating accounts to attack other members, i am hoping this will help. Looking forward to the update so i can test it.

I'll be releasing an update in the next hour or so.

I've not had an errors during testing, so it appears to fix errors :)

Please be aware that the update will remove 1.2 and below compatibility.

Liam

v1.4.0 .... the XML file within .zip has very very limited file permissions. I had to chmod 775 it before I could install/upgrade.

v1.4.0 .... the XML file within .zip has very very limited file permissions. I had to chmod 775 it before I could install/upgrade.
Worked fine for me.
I uploaded the upload files to the Library, then just imported the xml file in the admin cp, i never upload the xml file as there's no need to.

Just been testing it and working correctly as far as I can tell.
No errors at all.
Nice work

I uploaded the upload files to the Library, then just imported the xml file in the admin cp, i never upload the xml file as there's no need to.
I upload .zip, and uncompress on server. Then point upgrade to XML file already on server. Thwat, error (due to mentioned file permissions on XML) :)
Yeah, if you're seperately uploading the XML directly during upgrade, then XML file permissions won't matter.

Does this work when they are using separate browsers to troll? We all know no troll uses the same browser. I just tested this and got no report, doesnt seem to work like that, or i am missing something?

Does this work when they are using separate browsers to troll? We all know no troll uses the same browser. I just tested this and got no report, doesnt seem to work like that, or i am missing something?
2 different browsers won't do that as different cookies.
But the IP section should catch them using 2 different browsers..
I set mine to 2 months for the IP section in the options in the ACP

2 different browsers won't do that as different cookies.
But the IP section should catch them using 2 different browsers..
I set mine to 2 months for the IP section in the options in the ACP
I will try that, thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom