Fixed Alt + S, problem for non-English language

Corwin

Affected version
I had a question about alt+s shortcut. Is it possible to disable it in admin? This is creating problems for non-English languages during typing. For example letter Ś/ś in Polish is typed alt+S, alt+s. It's not possible to type it because page is saved instead of typing that letter.

Where is it possible to activate Alt+S to submit a post? We removed it from the post related forms quite some time ago (accesskey="s") so it shouldn't crop up when posting replies, editing or creating a new post.

We use our own shortcut system now Ctrl+Enter / Cmd+Enter would be what triggers a save, generally.

Chris, we found that problem only in Phrases where we are translating strings. When I want to type 'ś' or 'Ś' by alt+s or alt+S my page is saved instead of proper character. To reproduce try changing keyboard to Polish (Programmer) and try alt+s.

It wasn't clear until now where or how you were experiencing this so, thanks for that, we'll probably just look to remove all accesskey="s" from our templates as they're mostly redundant with our own shortcut system.

Does this mean that Alt-S is removed from use by design and is now not available? If so, is there a way to reinstate as an admin operation somewhere?

I use Alt-S widely across multiple forums and its disappearance at the end of last year from a forum I mod on has upset me greatly. I have complained bitterly there about this and would like it to be reinstated.

Just to rub salt in the wound my fingers automatically went to Alt-S to post this.

Top Bottom