[Already there] Are post-based ranks and pips supported by XenForo?

I don't want anything in the postbit, I love how it is nice and clean. Anything like ranking icons, trophies, etc, could be pushed to the profile overlay pop up thingy that you get when you click on the avatar.

I don't want anything in the postbit, I love how it is nice and clean. Anything like ranking icons, trophies, etc, could be pushed to the profile overlay pop up thingy that you get when you click on the avatar.

Hence the admin option. ;)

Personally I wouldn't want the text but an icon for status that could go in place of the user title. Switching out one for the other. We already have text ranks, what's wrong with being able to switch it out in an option for image ranks? Not adding anything to it, just changing it.

It seems that any kind of member ranks currently in place on XenForo are achieved via trophy points. But will XenForo still have a traditional post-based ranking system, such as "New Member," "Member," "Active Member," etc?

In addition to that, I've also liked being able to have graphical pips, usually stars. One for the first rank, two for the second rank, etc. Will this be in XenForo?

You can attach user titles to trophy point levels, which does a similar job without being hobbled by reliance upon post count alone. I'm fairly sure that these user titles can contain HTML, so you could add your pips there.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-08-09 at 23.40.40.webp
    Screen shot 2010-08-09 at 23.40.40.webp
    9 KB · Views: 131
I like the way the trophies work.

They can be configured on post count alone as with a "normal" forum or you can include other stuff such as "Likes", etc.

So of course what we are seeing there is the rank/trophy point configuration screen.

In addition I presume there is a separate trophy configuration screen; i.e. what actions are required to gain trophy points.

Great stuff, thanks Kier.

So you get a trophy for having X trophy points? Isn't that going to create an infinite loop? :D

Can't wait to see the rest of the ACP :D

You can attach user titles to trophy point levels, which does a similar job without being hobbled by reliance upon post count alone. I'm fairly sure that these user titles can contain HTML, so you could add your pips there.

Okay, but can we still create ranks that are based solely on post count, and nothing more?

Okay, but can we still create ranks that are based solely on post count, and nothing more?

Yes, just create a trophy awarding 1 point at say 10, 100, 1000 posts and then give a rank for 0, 1, 2 and 3 trophy points, not sure if the trophies can be hidden if that is what you are asking?

Yes, just create a trophy awarding 1 point at say 10, 100, 1000 posts and then give a rank for 0, 1, 2 and 3 trophy points, not sure if the trophies can be hidden if that is what you are asking?

Sort of, yes. I wanted to know if I can have post-based ranks that do not rely on trophies anyway... For example, you start off as a "New Member," and then become a "Member" at 50 posts. Now, can someone be a "Member" at 50 posts but without earning any trophy points or trophies?

Top Bottom