1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Already there] Are post-based ranks and pips supported by XenForo?

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Onimua, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

2. Floris

Floris Guest

I don't want anything in the postbit, I love how it is nice and clean. Anything like ranking icons, trophies, etc, could be pushed to the profile overlay pop up thingy that you get when you click on the avatar.

3. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Hence the admin option. ;)

Personally I wouldn't want the text but an icon for status that could go in place of the user title. Switching out one for the other. We already have text ranks, what's wrong with being able to switch it out in an option for image ranks? Not adding anything to it, just changing it.

anotheralias likes this.
  4. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

It seems that any kind of member ranks currently in place on XenForo are achieved via trophy points. But will XenForo still have a traditional post-based ranking system, such as "New Member," "Member," "Active Member," etc?

In addition to that, I've also liked being able to have graphical pips, usually stars. One for the first rank, two for the second rank, etc. Will this be in XenForo?

5. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

Sorry, once again I couldn't find that thread when searching. Nice to see others want it, though.

6. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can attach user titles to trophy point levels, which does a similar job without being hobbled by reliance upon post count alone. I'm fairly sure that these user titles can contain HTML, so you could add your pips there.

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I like the way the trophies work.

They can be configured on post count alone as with a "normal" forum or you can include other stuff such as "Likes", etc.

8. Kier

That's correct.

9. Brogan

So of course what we are seeing there is the rank/trophy point configuration screen.

In addition I presume there is a separate trophy configuration screen; i.e. what actions are required to gain trophy points.

10. Kier

More criteria are planned for trophies.

Attached Files:

Booth and AmericanForum.com like this.
  11. Brogan

Great stuff, thanks Kier.

So you get a trophy for having X trophy points? Isn't that going to create an infinite loop? :D

Can't wait to see the rest of the ACP :D

12. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

That is very nice!

Hopefully the system's simple enough extend for custom trophies.

13. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

Okay, but can we still create ranks that are based solely on post count, and nothing more?

14. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

Do you mean custom trophies, or custom criteria?

15. Waddy

Waddy Active Member

Presumably it's coded so each trophy can only be obtained once.

16. Waddy

Waddy Active Member

Yes, just create a trophy awarding 1 point at say 10, 100, 1000 posts and then give a rank for 0, 1, 2 and 3 trophy points, not sure if the trophies can be hidden if that is what you are asking?

17. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

It's possible that maybe one can lose trophies and points and has to re-earn them.

18. Brogan

I was only joking.

It will be a single event once the number of points reaches the value specified.

19. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

Sort of, yes. I wanted to know if I can have post-based ranks that do not rely on trophies anyway... For example, you start off as a "New Member," and then become a "Member" at 50 posts. Now, can someone be a "Member" at 50 posts but without earning any trophy points or trophies?

20. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Yes.