Alphabetical pagination for XF and more [Deleted]

I'm back from vacation! What exactly do you mean?

I have a couple of websites with categories that are like two thousand and four thousand and after I migrated from vb, they are all over the place and not sorted alphabetical. I want to sort them alphabetically but imagine going through 2000 or 4000 categories one by one to sort them... so A is before F and S is before T, etc., make sense?

Maybe have an option next to top-level category and each parent category to "sort" its sub-categories which takes you to another page with the categories already sorted in order and then you just confirm. This would save hours and days of work, specially for those with thousands of categories.

See screenshot...

Attachments

• 2017-12-29 19_07_48-Categories _ Admin CP - AutoTalk Forum - Opera.webp
    2017-12-29 19_07_48-Categories _ Admin CP - AutoTalk Forum - Opera.webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 8
I have a couple of websites with categories that are like two thousand and four thousand and after I migrated from vb, they are all over the place and not sorted alphabetical. I want to sort them alphabetically but imagine going through 2000 or 4000 categories one by one to sort them... so A is before F and S is before T, etc., make sense?
"Alphabetical pagination" is only for the FrontEnd and an paginantion by letters

Sortings of this kind belong to the add-on "ACPE" by me. This already has some "order by"!
But not for the gallery! But I check if I can add something like that here!

"Alphabetical pagination" is only for the FrontEnd and an paginantion by letters

Sortings of this kind belong to the add-on "ACPE" by me. This already has some "order by"!
But not for the gallery! But I check if I can add something like that here!
It would save so much time, seriously. Thank you.

Think about it, 4000 categories and you are sorting them putting 1 and 2 and 3, etc, etc... figuring out which letter goes first. Ridiculous. I used photopost gallery software for 12 years, and as crappy as it was, even it had auto sorting. I don't know why this isn't in the core.

Top Bottom