Almost ready to buy but

Ningen

There are few things I would like to know firstly
1)Do we get all the files for the website like html (with php in them) and stuff to do self coding/customization on the go as we like it?
2)Does Admin CP allows to edit the content that appears under a person avatar and name when he is a posting ? [ aka like in this post below my name and ava] or does that require addon?
3)Does Admin CP allow User Profile Page Modification to add tabs/Info - or addons needed?
4)Does Admin CP allow modification to detail fields a person can fill in his info or addon?
5) User rank banners can be custom pics from imgur/something via default or some addon is needed?

I feel the answers to above will be common ones but I would like to clear myself regardless

Also I would like a honest advice, Im 90% XF because thats what I been using as a forum member for years, but I have seen some good feedback for IPB 4.2 boards mainly being lack of 3rd party addons needed to achieve what you need as compared to XF.

I dont plan much but a forum/gallery and homepage/portal of sorts.

Maybe blogs in future.
In the long run which is better, Money is limited with it being friend funded project and dont think we are gonna go for ads and revenue generation early on at site.

Thanks for your time!

1)Do we get all the files for the website like html (with php in them) and stuff to do self coding/customization on the go as we like it?
Yes. You can modify the templates and files to suit your needs.

2)Does Admin CP allows to edit the content that appears under a person avatar and name when he is a posting ? [ aka like in this post below my name and ava] or does that require addon?
There are some built in options such as post count, etc. but others would require some form of customisation (or an add-on for complex data).
Switch to the Kitchen Sink style to see an example.

3)Does Admin CP allow User Profile Page Modification to add tabs/Info - or addons needed?
That would require custom development or third party add-ons.

4)Does Admin CP allow modification to detail fields a person can fill in his info or addon?
Custom user fields may suit your needs - you can check those out in the online demo.

5) User rank banners can be custom pics from imgur/something via default or some addon is needed?
It's easily achievable with template modifications.

There are some built in options such as post count, etc. but others would require some form of customisation (or an add-on for complex data).

Custom user fields may suit your needs - you can check those out in the online demo.

Thanks brogan~

I tried making a Custom User field

"This field will only be shown on message user info if the 'Show custom fields' style property is enabled within the 'Message Elements' group."

Could I get to know where Message Elements setting is?
Rest seems to be easily solve the issues I had, thanks again

A question please

I see user ladder system at XF

I want to have each ladder position have a custom Image below their name

I would like to know the process

I have to create Ladder ranks ---> Create user group for each rank and add it under title there? ---> Do what exactly to link the two

Thanks.

Top Bottom