1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Allowed memory size error on register

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by bcercan, Jan 29, 2015.

1. bcercan

bcercan Active Member

When someone try to register he gets this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3097270 bytes) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php on line 155

What's wrong?
  2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

You should increase your PHP memory limit (or ask your host). Ideally, 128M is recommended I believe.

bcercan likes this.
  3. bcercan

bcercan Active Member

But what is that register form uploading size of 128Mb?
  4. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

XenForo preloads some data to its registry so a higher memory limit is recommended. But it seems to me an issue with PHP. This once happened to when I enabled APC from my PHP config page in cPanel. You should contact your host about it...
  5. bcercan

bcercan Active Member

I see, my forum is on a dedicated, what am I supposed to do?
  6. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

I am not an expert. Maybe @MattW can help you :)
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can increase your memory_limit via php.ini (128M is the PHP default).

Does this still happen with add-ons disabled? This is trying to pull a 3 MB record out of the registry. There are 2 registration related values this could be -- the DNSBL cache or the banned email cache. We did have a report of the former triggering an error but that's the only time. (It's cleared out each time). It's possible an add-on could be using a lot of data.
  8. bcercan

bcercan Active Member

Okay, I disabled every add-on and still gets same error when try to register