Cannot reproduce Allowed Attachment File Extensions issue with Firefox (current - 17.0.1)

ManOnDaMoon

This is probably a FF bug, but reporting nonetheless.
Issue encountered by the members of my website. I was able to reproduce with a completely fresh XF install with default generated config.php, browsing with Mozilla Firefox (17.0.1 and some previous versions).

The "jpe" extension messes up with the selectable file types in Firefox, e.g.: GIF files are not selectable anymore.
Do not ask me where this "jpe" extension comes from. I have no idea.

Steps to reproduce :

Admin CP > Options > Attachments

In the "Allowed Attachment File Extensions" text box, fill either
Code:
zip txt pdf png jpg jpeg jpe gif xls xlsx xlsm doc docx docm odf mp3 ogg
or
Code:
zip
txt
pdf
png
jpg
jpeg
jpe
gif
xls
xlsx
xlsm
doc
docx
docm
odf
mp3
ogg

Open Firefox, try to upload an attachment in a reply or in a new thread. Only a few types of files are displayed by the upload dialog.

Content of the directory :
xentest_folder.webp

Upload dialog in Chrome :
xentest_chrome.webp

Upload dialog in FF with the list above as Allowed Attachment File Extensions :
xentest_ff17.0.1_with_JPE.webp

Somehow, removing the jpe extension partly fixes the issue :
With list
Code:
zip txt pdf png jpg jpeg gif xls xlsx xlsm doc docx docm odf mp3 ogg
every file types are selectable, not only those in the list (see psd file in the screen cap below)
xentest_ff17.0.1_wo_JPE.webp

Using the flash uploader I assume?

I cannot reproduce this problem, but I am on a Mac and you are on Windows. Can some one test this on Windows?

Using the Flash uploader, both on Win7 and Win8 according to some users. I'll have another go to check this is not an extension issue (I probably had firebug disabled, but can't remember clearly).

Hi,
I have the same issue with him, I add more extensions for attachment : zip rar txt pdf png jpg jpeg jpe gif doc docx xls xlsx ppt pptx apk ipa deb 7z
I can browse and view all files I intend to attach in Internet Explorer & Google Chrome, but just can see zip files only in Firefox browser, no other files can be viewed.
If I reduce the number of file extensions, i.e. zip rar txt pdf png jpg jpeg jpe gif doc docx xls xlsx ppt pptx apk ipa, now I can view images in some extensions in Firefox, no problems with other browsers.
Headache issue.
Please support me to fix this issue (view all extensions of attached files in Firefox).

Thanks.

I have had the same problem for ages with Firefox and unable to select .gif files. The problem has existed throughout versions of Firefox, now running FFv30 and still the same problem.

The allowed extensions I have are:
zip
txt
pdf
png
jpg
jpeg
gif
jpe
doc
docx
kmz
kml
xls
xlsx
ppt
pptx
wav

However, the problem goes away by just using the default XF extensions

Ha, found the culprit...it is the pptx extension that stops gif in mine...simply a process of elimination adding one at a time till it stopped working.

So there does seem to be a bug

Top Bottom