Allow users to see their own Edit Post History

The Dark Wizard

We've been using xF since close to its release, and I guess I've never noticed that users can't see their own edit post history to recover content.

I would like to see an expansion of the Edit Post History feature, maybe with an accompanying permission as to who can see it and any other improvements that the devs can keep of.

Upvote 9
On FB we can even see other people's edits.

I voted for this, as, there should be some permission controls for who sees.

I voted for this, but I believe people should be able to keep their edit history private. For example if you mention something you then regret because you then realise it gave away some personal info.

But that is fine as (if this is implemented) it would be an option.

Yeah I'd prob keep it to the user as well, but I voted for the option/flexibility.

OTOH it really ranks;es when somebody edits the meaning of a post in a way that makes a nonsense of replies (especially the OP). In this case as a mod I sometimes revert it and remove edit permissions for that user.

I have experimented what various edit time limits. Inow think about a day should be maximum. It's fine for people to edit typos of course but not the meaning of posts.

</RANT>

I voted for this, but I believe people should be able to keep their edit history private. For example if you mention something you then regret because you then realise it gave away some personal info.

But that is fine as (if this is implemented) it would be an option.

Should be permission controlled.

Top Bottom