Allow users to cancel recurring upgrade from within their account when using PayPal as payment provider

His name is Mouth...

In all seriousness, subscriptions are a vital part of many forums. I disabled PayPal on my forum because of it. Payments are important and users are going to be weary of any add-on that attempts to bridge the gap. The problem is XF stop releasing annual updates so we have no method to predict on when the next will come.
yeah i have yet to do this. Why? Because you can add things like a donate button to your forum already on it.
It's a good idea to look around on some things before dismissing them. There could be things on there that you want and don't need to pay a small fee on here for.

I'm sensing that mouth hates xenforo deliberately hates it to look for replies he can rubbish.
Soooo borish! You should really learn to keep yours closed. Is embarrassing how ignorant you are otherwise. Embarrassing at how you represent Aussies. If you weren't so ignorant, you'd see I created this suggestion over 2.5 years ago. It's at the top of every page even!

PayPal's quirks made me switch to Stripe and never look back. Although Stripe has it's own quirks it is working well for me.

My biggest gripe with Paypal was being sent off your site for payment and subscriptions. Something it sounds like the most recent APIs will solve.

With Stripe I'd love to be abel to update credit card info and actually see if a subscription is cancelled on XF. But that's for another thread.

PayPal's quirks made me switch to Stripe and never look back. Although Stripe has it's own quirks it is working well for me.

My biggest gripe with Paypal was being sent off your site for payment and subscriptions. Something it sounds like the most recent APIs will solve.
It's not entirely solved by it. PayPal does have an "Advanced checkout" system that allows you to collect things like credit cards without the user leaving your site. However, I'm not entirely sold on it. Some security-conscious end users (myself included) would rather give my credit card to a known entity (paypal.com, vs. an untrusted site I'm trying to buy things on). I actually go out of my way to not give my credit card to an untrusted site (like I went and generated a single-use virtual credit card from a site I bought a TV from before because I wasn't trying to get my credit card stolen).

For subscriptions, I don't think PayPal has an option for in-site subscription setup (maybe I'm wrong, but I've never run across it).

With Stripe I'd love to be abel to update credit card info and actually see if a subscription is cancelled on XF. But that's for another thread.
All providers have upside and downside. PayPal actually has some really good functionality for multi-party payments which I've used for a long time (used it for some stuff in vBulletin 4 as well as XenForo 1). I'm currently in the process of using it for some XenForo 2 based stuff (a marketplace system, where the marketplace can automatically peel off seller fees on stuff they sell in realtime as the transaction happens). You don't need to bill the seller, you don't need to collect the funds and disperse to the seller, etc. That's one area PayPal excels at.

1684162371107.webp

yeah i have yet to do this. Why? Because you can add things like a donate button to your forum already on it.
It's a good idea to look around on some things before dismissing them. There could be things on there that you want and don't need to pay a small fee on here for.
No reason for me to add a donate button when I run a subscription model. I also don't need to use subscriptions at all to have users donate to my PayPal.

Top Bottom