Allow users to cancel recurring upgrade from within their account when using PayPal as payment provider

I already linked that in the OP, so not sure why you're doing so again?

No point in suggesting something that Xenforo has already stated cannot be done.
The response was;
Our implementation of the PayPal API doesn't support it so it has to be done in PayPal.
Thus, it's not that it cannot be done, but that xF chooses not to do by their implementation. Thus, the suggestion is still valid. It's not a Paypal constraint, but an xF constraint that could be upgraded.

Last edited:
@Mouth is correct paypal has a newer API where this is handled from the application end. It is more flexible as well and would let you adjust pricing, etc. So if in your terms it states that the price is not forever and can change with notice, you in fact can make that change instead of the old way...

It could allow advanced things even that end-users could use (for example cancelation of a recurring subscription without needing them to log into PayPal and find their subscription transaction). It could also be used for less vague subscription expiration emails (since we can find out if the user has or has not actually canceled their subscription).

It's been possible literally for more than decade. The NVP API URL has changed, this where it's at now: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/nvp-soap-api/nvp/

Wish I could take the 60 likes from the other suggestion and add it here. :)

Cross referencing related threads ...

How does one know if they are looking at implementing a suggestion?

We are at the mercy of those who know what we want better than we do. :rolleyes:

As an example, AMPXF basically saved my forum. Since I added the AMP add-on which XF said wasn't necessary, my clicks in from Google's search engine has increased 3000 - 5000 per day and my ad revenue has increased along with it.

Members contacting me about how to cancel their Paypal subscription is probably the most common customer service situation I deal with on a regular basis. Allowing members to manage their own subscriptions would eliminate the hassle.

I can't say I would have been happier if I stuck with Vb, I wouldn't have, but I really did feel that XF was going to be more of a cutting/bleeding edge software solution.

Top Bottom