• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Allow to move/copy post for moderators from forum with rights to forum without rights

One of the most common operation for my moderators team is moving posts/threads from one forum to another. But moderators can manage post/threads only within forum, where they have moderator rights. So I need give them full super moderator rights. That isn't good. I would be perfect to add this rights for moderators.

Last edited:

whynot

That isn't good. I would be perfect to add this rights for moderators.
It would not be perfect.

As a moderator I have the permission to moderate in Forum A only.
With your suggested permission I copy/move a post to Forum B.
Wrong.
Can I remove it from Forum B?
No, I don't have the permission.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I'm confused as to what you're suggesting. If you're saying you only want your moderators to be able to move threads from forum A (not B) but to be able to move them into B, this is pretty much what a forum/node-specific moderator can do. This is possible right now.

Or are you saying you want a moderator to be able to move from forum B only into forum A, which is their forum? This isn't possible but it also seems fairly backwards in terms of how permissions are generally granted.

If you're saying you only want your moderators to be able to move threads from forum A (not B) but to be able to move them into B, this is pretty much what a forum/node-specific moderator can do. This is possible right now.
Yes, exactly, but not only with threads. We already have permission "Manage (move, merge, etc.) thread by anyone", I suggest one more permission — "Manage (move, merge, etc.) post by anyone".

Last edited: